Bonding issues please help

You actually have to take grounding and ground rods out of the equation. The best analogy is a bird on a high voltage line. That's its bonding grid, the wire. Everything the bird can touch has the same potential to the same high voltage. The bird in on an equipotential grid. Everything on a pool's equipotetial grid experiences the voltage, creating the same environment the bird sits on. Though problems at the service and equipment can be the source of stray voltage, they can't be the cure.
Thanks for the explanation but I think once grounded to the house by the pump ground the bonding and the ground should be at Earth ground which is the house ground. When the ground was lifted on the pump it then became the bird scenario because the ground from the house to the pump was no longer there and there was no ground. The pool, water, electrical equipment and ground were floating at the same potential so no shock. I learned years ago that the earth can be a source and sink of electricity, in this case it's a source. Something that was just said is that the house has plastic piping which I believe means the house's pipes are not acting as an earth ground which a house with metal (copper) incoming water would be. My assumption was the house had metal pipes coming in as would all the other houses around which might not be the case. If all the houses are plastic coming in then theoretically there is no earth ground for the pipes so it is possible stray electricity has nowhere to go until someone is putting a hand into the pool.

I wonder if a grounding rod may be the answer in addition to the house ground but I do not know codes and I never studied power distribution in school. It's been 40 years since studying EE and I never used my knowledge that I had.

Thanks for the explanation but I think once grounded to the house by the pump ground the bonding and the ground should be at Earth ground which is the house ground. When the ground was lifted on the pump it then became the bird scenario because the ground from the house to the pump was no longer there and there was no ground. The pool, water, electrical equipment and ground were floating at the same potential so no shock. I learned years ago that the earth can be a source and sink of electricity, in this case it's a source. Something that was just said is that the house has plastic piping which I believe means the house's pipes are not acting as an earth ground which a house with metal (copper) incoming water would be. My assumption was the house had metal pipes coming in as would all the other houses around which might not be the case. If all the houses are plastic coming in then theoretically there is no earth ground for the pipes so it is possible stray electricity has nowhere to go until someone is putting a hand into the pool.

I wonder if a grounding rod may be the answer in addition to the house ground but I do not know codes and I never studied power distribution in school. It's been 40 years since studying EE and I never used my knowledge that I had.
Stray voltage is "in" the ground. If you drive a rod and ground the bonding grid to it, nothing changes, it's just now part of the bonded system. Again, sources of the stray voltage is one thing, and a certain amount is always going to be there in most cases these days, a larger amount, not so good. Not experiencing it while in a wet environment is a process of isolation by creating equal potential of all conductors a wet person might touch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.