Champaign, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Does anyone know if it is more difficult/expensive to pour a bond beam for a fiberglass pool if you are installing pavers versus a concrete deck? Our pool builder had told us via email that if we decided to go with a paver deck rather than concrete they would give me a $2800 Concrete credit. I went ahead and placed a deposit to have a local Company do the paver coping and deck.(Our pool builder only does concrete decking). Now they’re saying that while they will give me the concrete credit they are going to charge me more than that to pour the bond beam! This makes no sense as there is no way that they were not going to pour a bond beam when they did the concrete decking as we had discussed it on several occasions when deciding between pavers and concrete. I forwarded them their email where they told me I would get the $2800 credit and I’m waiting to hear back. I have already placed a deposit with this company so I do not want them to have hard feelings toward me.

All fiberglass pools require a concrete collar to lock the pool inplace. The minimum size of the collar varies by pool manufacturer between 12" to 36".

I can see where a deck will require more concrete and surface finishing then a collar. A concrete collar is mandatory for any fiberglass pool and should be included in the basic installation price.

Reactions: Dogmom1
Also, does anyone with an autocover recommend or not recommend upgrading brackets on the aluminum lid so that it can be walked on? I am nervous about people standing on it to jump into the deep end. Cost is $1,000. 😩

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.