Bolt Fastening Seal Plate to Motor Stuck

Jun 16, 2014
Phoenix AZ
I am trying to remove the WhisperFlo Seal Plate from the old motor (to be replaced by a new motor). It is held by four hex bolts. I easily removed three of them but the fourth one is stuck. Any advice on how to remove it? I tried spaying it with WD-40 but did not work.

Also I am thinking of replacing all of the bolts, washers and nuts (the ones that attach the volute, seal plate and motor all together). However, adding up all the official hardware is expensive. Each bolt and washer and nut costs several dollars if purchased as a Pentair Part yet they all look like standard hardware parts.

Can I just buy and use Home Depot hardware instead? (I am thinking there is nothing special about the Pentair hardware vs Home Depot hardware).

Thanks!

My husband loves PB Blaster for stuck bolts and such. He also said you could try heating it and see if that helps. Some light tapping with a hammer might help also.

Not all stainless is created equal. There are different grades so there are different prices. I will let you decide from there.

I had to take mine to a small engine repair shop to get the bolts removed. I was able to reuse the original bolts on a new faceplate (my old one had a crack in it). The guys at the pool parts store thought it might have easier to replace the entire pump (and had the longer warranty on the part) but for me, the plumbing is always the challenge

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.