Make sure to ask to play with the grout sticks so you can pick out the color of grout you like best as well. Lighter grout will make each tile pop. Darker grout will help them blend together. Both ways are pretty. Just need to pick which you like the best.

Kim:kim:

So I noticed that one of my skimmers isn't square. The sidewall is pitched in at the top, and I'm pretty sure it's going to look bad when tiled. I guess I just need to make sure the tile sub grinds it into shape, although I do have an angle grinder ...

Picked out the tile: Blue Oxide. Supposedly the tile and coping will be getting done next week, although they were kinda vague on when.

After spending some time down in the shell, I think part or all of the $2k saved is going to be spent on more grading of the ground near the back of the pool and some more trees are going to be removed.

I was hoping that was the one!! SWEET!

Do you know what I am going to suggest next? Get the tile boxes there and start going through them. Take out and hide the ugly ones. Pick out the extra pretty ones to have them put on the pool's good side aka where the eyes fall when you walk out and first see the pool from the house. Make sure they mix the different colors/shades/tones. On one build they put all of the light ones together then all of the dark ones together. It looked aweful :( the PB came out to look and agreed and had new tile brought in and he helped pick where each new tile went after the old tiles were removed.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: foo.c
Day 5 of watering the gunite, and it has definitely changed. It doesn't stay wet and by the time I get all the way around the place where I started from is mostly dry. When I come back it looks dry except for small dark splotches here and there.

I think it will be good timing if the tile and coping gets done next week.

Got an update from the tile/coping company. Last week they said this week. This week they are saying next week, but won't say when next week.

Also not having any luck getting in touch with the excavator, he probably doesn't want to do a small job like this. Maybe I'll rent a bobcat ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:laughblue:

I'm not sure you need to pump it out. Maybe get in there and splash it on the rest of the gunite as its looking a bit white. I bet you could even do a cannon ball in the deep end for maximum effect.

I'm still not convinced you have to. Mine had about a foot of water in it and they didnt drain it. It may make their lives easier in the shallow end, but they have to build a scaffolding anyway to reach the tile line from the deep end.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.