Blue Torrent SWG - Error Code 5

Jessica1911

Apr 27, 2020
Moyock, NC
Pool Size
Hey guys! So I just finished a SLAM. My pool is crystal clear! SWG worked through the entire process - no issues at all. As soon as I finished the SLAM the SWG stopped working! Ugh! It's giving me a temp error light and reading error 5 on the display. My water is 72 degrees. I cleaned the cell and it worked ok for about 5 minutes and stopped again.

Anyone have experience with this brand? I am fairly certain it's generic as I have seen the same SWG branded differently.

This was included in the kit I purchased.

Thanks!

You might want to call this company as they are the USA distributor of the brand.

The forum would be interested to see if they help you or brush you off because I believe they are mainly just an importer/exporter.

Reactions: Jessica1911
Hey guys! So I just finished a SLAM. My pool is crystal clear! SWG worked through the entire process - no issues at all. As soon as I finished the SLAM the SWG stopped working! Ugh! It's giving me a temp error light and reading error 5 on the display. My water is 72 degrees. I cleaned the cell and it worked ok for about 5 minutes and stopped again.

Anyone have experience with this brand? I am fairly certain it's generic as I have seen the same SWG branded differently.

This was included in the kit I purchased.

Thanks!
Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem. Thanks.

Has anything come of this thread. It seems that there is many having this issue with the Bluetorrent SWG? Mine is unbranded but is the same and from xtremepowerus. I have replaced the flow switch with 4 different ones and attempted to bypass and all has failed to get the temp sensor light off. I cannot tell if it is generating chlorine at all.

I have the same issue and called the place i purchased the pool / chlorinator from. The person I spoke to said that it s flow sensor issue common with this chlorinator. There are apparently two flow sensors, one in the cell hub and the other post cell (the white pvc with the black cord). The flow sensor is either dirty or there is air in the system. He is having the manufacturer call me today to guide me how to fix. I will share what I find out.

I have the same issue and called the place i purchased the pool / chlorinator from. The person I spoke to said that it s flow sensor issue common with this chlorinator. There are apparently two flow sensors, one in the cell hub and the other post cell (the white pvc with the black cord). The flow sensor is either dirty or there is air in the system. He is having the manufacturer call me today to guide me how to fix. I will share what I find out.
I’m having the same issues but the company won’t respond to me. Please share what your company said to do!!! Thank you so much

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you for your post. I woke up to same issue this morning. SWG was just installed two weeks ago. I will follow tour posts!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.