Blue flakes in tub

ddcd99

Dec 13, 2019
Oklahoma
I purchased my hot tub used from my neighbor March of this year. Only got in it once or twice, drained for the summer. Big mistake, took me forever to get the slime and white flakes out.

I was using Leisure time products, including chlorinating granules. I bought both new filters (over $100). Recently I changed to a pool floater with 1" chlorine tabs and put 4 or 5 tabs in at time so I don't have to maintain it every day. Now, I have blue flakes all over my tub. The filter looks old/pretty worn. Is it possible the chlorine levels were to high and broke down the outside of the rubber part of the filter? I can see it quite a bit in the water and at the intake in the bottom of the tub. Overall I'm sick of messing with this thing and it's a money pit, however I need to get it clean so I can at least use it. I was checking the water and adding ph up in addition to the chlorine tabs for correct levels and it worked fine. Any ideas?

Could be cooper stains. You using any mineral cartridges in the spa? Your chlorinating chemicals have "blue" in their name?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.