Blue diamond robot pool cleaner

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
Well it’s over 5 yrs old and stopped working. I took power supply apart and I’m thinking it could be the transformer because I’m not getting anything on the secondary. 120v in but no reading on secondary which should be 24 vac. A new power supply is over $800 and I’m not 100% sure that’s the issue but prob is.

it’s a shame because not a whole lot of cycles used on this machine. Not sure how many but not more than few hundred.

it’s prob my fault…..I left it plugged in and we had a few thunderstorms since. I was always good about unplugging when not in use but life got busy n I noticed the other day and unplugged it. Went to clean pool this morning and nothing. The green ON but didn’t light up. I tried pushing the ON/ OFF a few times and no power to unit. Power to GFCI , nothing tripped.

I tried looking for the transformer online but I don’t get any specific results. I’d hate to just throw it out and pay a few $thousand for a new one but maybe my only option. I realize a new power supply is cheaper than an entire new robot but is it worth it to spend $800 for an older model pool cleaner?
Any advice?

Reactions: RookiePick
Well I purchased a new power supply, but it was an updated power supply that was supposed to be new and improved. I paid $300 plus shipping and received it a couple days ago. I plugged it in, powered up but the robot barely moved in the pool. The wheels spun, very slowly and it had a hard time propelling the bot in the water.

I looked at the old power supply and the secondary volts were 21 v/ 9 amps ac but the new power supply was 29vac at 6 amps. So the new one was a little under powered. I returned the power supply for a full refund today.

im still thinking it’s a power supply issue. When I put the meter on the secondary of the transformer I get nothing, 0 volts. I checked the fuse, it’s good.
So now I’m at a stand still, I found other power supplies on eBay for $350 used of the old version like mine, not sure if I should pull the trigger on them.

I found this place - I have no clue about their reputation but it looks like they have a new one for $241 + shipping. They also have their phone number listed for questions/help. It is in New York

Reactions: ethany
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.