Blue Diamond pool cleaner issues

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
This season we started having issues with our Blue Diamond. Have to admit I have never done any maintenance on it other than washing it with freshwater, cleaning the filter, etc. Its never been an issue until now. Reading through the manual, I see a note:

"Make sure that your Pool Cleaner positions itself properly on the wall. The machine handle must rest parallel to the water line upon reaching the surface of the water. "

Ours does NOT do that....when it comes out of the water, its still angled. BUT there is nothing in the manual about how to fix the issue.
Does anyone know what would cause that? Should I just try replacing the rollers, belts, etc?

Thanks.

-Chris

Reactions: Apsuhead
Have you been pleased with it cleaning your pool up to this point? Someone gave me a Blue Diamond but it doesn’t have the power cord ... wondering if it’s worth it to find the parts to try it. 9546FFEA-2276-4F8A-B295-919AD55BFA4E.jpeg

Have you been pleased with it cleaning your pool up to this point? Someone gave me a Blue Diamond but it doesn’t have the power cord ... wondering if it’s worth it to find the parts to try it. View attachment 152063

Might be a little late, sorry about that....

We did like it up until now. It cleaned well enough, sure it missed a spot here and there but the bulk of it was vacuumed up in one cycle. Id either run a second or just brush the areas that still had some dirt left.

Now, after buying the "tune up" kit and still not having our issue fixed, Im not sure I would recommend putting $$$ into it....if the "power cord" you are referring to is the long blue one from the supply to the actual vac, its at least $125 and Im not sure how easy to replace. If its been used (or maybe not even used but since its so old already), you might be looking at new brushes, belts, etc...another $125.

Not to mention the parent company has been bought at least once, and Ive found out (the hard way) that there is no real service or support other than sending it to a company, paying shipping both ways along with a $100 diag fee. Im sure other brands are similar, but at least with Dolphin or Polaris I might be able to drop it at a local pool store.

Reactions: Apsuhead
Might be a little late, sorry about that....

We did like it up until now. It cleaned well enough, sure it missed a spot here and there but the bulk of it was vacuumed up in one cycle. Id either run a second or just brush the areas that still had some dirt left.

Now, after buying the "tune up" kit and still not having our issue fixed, Im not sure I would recommend putting $$$ into it....if the "power cord" you are referring to is the long blue one from the supply to the actual vac, its at least $125 and Im not sure how easy to replace. If its been used (or maybe not even used but since its so old already), you might be looking at new brushes, belts, etc...another $125.

Not to mention the parent company has been bought at least once, and Ive found out (the hard way) that there is no real service or support other than sending it to a company, paying shipping both ways along with a $100 diag fee. Im sure other brands are similar, but at least with Dolphin or Polaris I might be able to drop it at a local pool store.
Thanks for the info. I just got the old Blue Diamond and it’s missing the power supply. I have the blue cord. E6E69703-90B8-4FB4-9ABD-E568843679D6.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.