Blue cloudy water

May 21, 2018
Ashkum IL
Went on vacation last week and had my cousin add liquid chlorine every other day which apparently wasn’t enough. Came home to slightly green pool. Went Test results....
FC-0
CC-0
PH-7.2 which is raised to 7.4
TA-60
CYA- estimated 25 which was raised to 40
I then proceeded to SLAMM and scrub. I’ve been maintaining 10+ on the FC since I’ve started the SLAMM. I find it odd that my CC is so low considering I have an algae issue.
Where my question lies in all of this is overnight it turned from green to blue and cloudy which I can not see much past 6-10” down. I’ve continued to monitor FC and occasionally scrub the backwash.
Thanks in advance!image.jpg

Thanks! Was also wondering am I to leave the solar cover off during the SLAM? It wasn’t taken off last week because we were gone all week and water temp was in the mid to high nineties when we got back due to the daytime temps. I know not enough chlorine didn’t help that at all. Was curious when water temps get that high if it doesn’t make it even more susceptible? When we here someone is usually in it daily unlike last week. Thanks again!

Algae loves to grow in warm water so the pool is a lot more susceptible to algae outbreaks when the water temp is higher.

...and as an aside, the chlorine extinction rate increases with temp.

You will want to keep the cover off as any chloramines that may build up (especially under covers) can be hit with some UV from the sun.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.