Blowing out pool return lines

jaspers95

Aug 1, 2019
Long Island, NY
I’m attempting to blow out my pool lines myself. I have my water level just below skimmer but all the return jets are still under water.

Question about blowing out the returns. I have 6 total returns in the pool and 3 valves controlling them
- one for the 2 returns in the steps
- one for the 2 returns in the deep end bench seat
- one for the 2 returns in the pool

The last time I watched the pool guy do it he plugged 3 of the returns, one in each return type (step/bench/pool) before blowing anything g out. Then when he went to blow them out he only had to plug the remaining one for each return type.

Should I follow the same approach, or just leave all returns unplugged and blow them all out and then plug all 6 of them?

I’m attempting to blow out my pool lines myself. I have my water level just below skimmer but all the return jets are still under water.

Question about blowing out the returns. I have 6 total returns in the pool and 3 valves controlling them
- one for the 2 returns in the steps
- one for the 2 returns in the deep end bench seat
- one for the 2 returns in the pool

The last time I watched the pool guy do it he plugged 3 of the returns, one in each return type (step/bench/pool) before blowing anything g out. Then when he went to blow them out he only had to plug the remaining one for each return type.

Should I follow the same approach, or just leave all returns unplugged and blow them all out and then plug all 6 of them?
The other guy was being lazy. Keep all unplugged and only add the plug if you see bubbles pouring out of it. It’ll be hard to cap the last one because pressure will build up and it’ll spray all over you and not want to thread in easily(ask me how I know…) so be aware of that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.