Bleach

ant812

Apr 19, 2017
marlton/nj
I have to turn off my swg for 2 weeks while I try scale tec to remove scale(described in another thread). instead of using chlorine tabs, I was going to use bleach. is there anything I need to know before I do this? do I just use the Clorox I have in the laundry room? or is that not the correct stuff? I will use the pool math chart on this site for values.
also, if anyone knows....im using a jandy aquapure swg and its connected to an aqualink control panel. I don't see anywhere to turn the swg "off" as that's part of the directions on the scale tec label. is turning output down to 0% the equivalent to being considered "off"?

thanks in advance
anthony

thanks for the reply. I went to lowes to pick up bleach. I wanted to get Clorox but they only had splashless so I got an off brand. I have to keep pool at 1.5-2 fc. I will try to keep as close as possible to high end. should I be calculating this as 8.25% or 7.86%? not that it will make a huge difference but I have slight ocd.

thanks
Anthony

IMG_2007.jpg

I would warn you that a FC of 1.5-2ppm is too low (really even for a SWG pool).
What is your CYA?
Use the [FC/CYA]chart[/FC/CYA] and use the non-SWG table while your SWG is out of commission.

I would warn you that a FC of 1.5-2ppm is too low (really even for a SWG pool).
What is your CYA?
Use the [FC/CYA]chart[/FC/CYA] and use the non-SWG table while your SWG is out of commission.
I know it is. cya is 65-70. the product im using "scale tec" suggest 1.5 -2 chlorine level or the chlorine will render product ineffective. they suggest using algaecide while using product. believe me, I don't feel good about it but I feel worse about the scaling.

Ah, understood. Although I put little faith in potions like that ;)
I hear ya but I don't have a whole lot of choices. figured Id throw $80 at it, and hope for a miracle that relieves me from scrubbing entire filled pool with a pumice stone. with that said, the scale is much better than it was, most likely due to me holding ph 7.0-7.2. just put the scale tec in Saturday morning so hoping that finishes it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.