Bleach v corona virus - backup plan?

I’m really interested in opening my pool but the bleach availability is nonexistent in light of covid19.

Is there an alternative that can be used until bleach becomes available? I know I should have stockpiled some but didn’t.

Thanks in advance

The closest I can get is the chloromax, regular plain bleach has been impossible to find for the last year or more, i did try a regular off brand last year, my cya was 30, ph, CH, TA were all where they were supposed to be and it didn't matter how much of the cheap bleach I added our pool stayed green, finally went back to the chlorox bleach chloromax and our pool was cleared up in a week, it made no sense to us! Just concluded that the cheap bleach may have been on shelf a while and lost it efficacy? Same happened with liquid chlorine we bought at lowes. I'm so hesitant to change, but if there are more ideas from people that have had good luck with other products, I would love to know about them?
Head over to Atwood in Shawnee. They have plenty of 10% and it's 1.99 a gallon, just about the best deal out there.

Finding the alcohol will be the difficulty.

You want the 99% as it will get diluted...or use everclear (aka grain alcohol) found in any liquor store (it's 95% alcohol...190 proof).

I’m really interested in opening my pool but the bleach availability is nonexistent in light of covid19.
Is there an alternative that can be used until bleach becomes available? I know I should have stockpiled some but didn’t.

Check the pool care aisle for jugs of liquid chlorine. Sometimes it is labeled as pool shock. It is the same exact product as household bleach! The only difference is the jugs in the pool aisle are likely a stronger concentration at either 10% or 12.5% (household bleach is usually 6%). Check Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc or wherever they carry pool care items. Even my local grocery store carries the liquid chlorine/pool shock jugs (bleach in disguise!) during the regular season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.