Bleach v corona virus - backup plan?

Yeah went to Walmart and all the lunatics had wiped the bleach shelves clean. No problem, I cruised over to the Pool section and saw 3 shelves FULLY loaded with Pool Essential “liquid chlorine”. Loaded my buggy with 10 bottles and checked out. Effortlessly. Lol. Suckers. Gotta love TFP!
I actually bought it as I needed some LC as my SWG is off plus you never know if something would happen and my first SLAM would be in order!!

• Haha
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Yeah went to Walmart and all the lunatics had wiped the bleach shelves clean. No problem, I cruised over to the Pool section and saw 3 shelves FULLY loaded with Pool Essential “liquid chlorine”.
Yeah, for the first time I can recall since joining the site we are going to benefit greatly from the general public's lack of knowledge regarding sodium hypochlorite. "Liquid Chlorine" should be relatively safe and hopefully by the time people catch on things will have blown over a bit.

Reactions: borjis
No need to waste alcohol or panic-buy. The latest CDC Guidance will save us all ...

I prefer gang signs. LOL

Here's the latest pic from Walmart yesterday of the TP aisle. I'll be buying new t-shirts for work n using my old ones to cut up to wipe the booty. I'm going old school. Socks wont be out of the question either! If it was good enough for Dad in the woods on a Oh Crud moment it's good enough for me. Next month I'll be stalking my local bleach dealer every day til they get their pallets in n I'll buy for the whole summer.

Craziness is an understatement for a virus that is respiratory n not intestinal.

Attachments

• 20200311_181810.jpg
    20200311_181810.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200311_181805.jpg
    20200311_181805.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 25
what them folks been doing for TP for the past few years? they must be some nasty folks who never used it before to have a run like this
I think it’s more in preparation for if/when ‘*stuff* hits the fan’ at home.

Explain to me why folks are buying bottled water, Matt? Do they think the last man standing at the water department is gonna go paws up, or something??

Just went to <gulp> Walmart <shiver, I hate that place> to confirm that they still had Pool Essentials Liquid Chlorine. Yup, 3 half full shelves. I should have gone and checked the laundry aisle but it was a mile and a half away from the pool section and Skippy was getting antsy ....

Reactions: BowserB
I was legitimately out of TP and only bought the amount I usually buy... I’ll stick to soap and water instead of hand sanitizer. And yes, we will be happily swimming in our pool while everyone else is bored out of their minds stuck at home!

Reactions: BowserB

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Explain to me why folks are buying bottled water, Matt? Do they think the last man standing at the water department is gonna go paws up, or something??

Just went to <gulp> Walmart <shiver, I hate that place> to confirm that they still had Pool Essentials Liquid Chlorine. Yup, 3 half full shelves. I should have gone and checked the laundry aisle but it was a mile and a half away from the pool section and Skippy was getting antsy ....

I have no idea....people have gone straight-up, nuclear level, DEFCON 5 stupid in my opinion. I mean, it is just absolutely unbelievable that people are hoarding water....it’s just dumb. And this is one of those types of stupid you just can’t fix....all you can do is shake your head and say, mmmm-hmmmm momma done gone and dropped them on their heads a few too many times ....

And bottled water is the worst for the environment from the standpoint of plastic waste and carbon footprint. The amount of energy wasted in producing, bottling and shipping water is obscene. It should be outlawed. Get a hydroflask and a Brita filter or a kitchen sink RO filter with its own tap. Bottled water (sizes under a gallon) are eeeeeeeevvvvviillllllllll.....

What scares me more are all the people panic-buying children’s medicine like Motrin and Tylenol. You can only use so much of that stuff and it expires quickly. So people are just going to have bottles of this stuff sitting in their closets going to waste. They are essential medicines for kiddos and people are just hoarding it. So wrong.

Reactions: borjis
Explain to me why folks are buying bottled water, Matt? Do they think the last man standing at the water department is gonna go paws up, or something?
At least for those of us on the east coast, everybody is so used to hurricane prep that Some of the panic items won't fit this time Next up is probably batteries.

• Haha
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
My daughter was freaking out about not having TP..I gave her a roll and told her in a few days they will have tons of it in the stores.
Its like Atlanta " we are going to have ice and the roads might not be safe for a day or 2 tops" " OMG I need 3 gallons of milk 4 loafs or bread"

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.