Bleach v corona virus - backup plan?

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
HEB in West Houston was cleaned out of all types of bleach...not one bottle of anything...here comes puck-time and CYA elevation

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
No need to waste alcohol or panic-buy. The latest CDC Guidance will save us all ...

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am surprised that no one has noticed that there has been a run on toilet paper. Local Target was out yesterday.

techman65

Dec 12, 2013
Augusta, GA
Hi All,

How are others dealing with low bleach availability due to coronavirus concerns? My usual go-to places where I buy bleach are completely out this week.

thanks

Awp14

Silver Supporter
Nov 27, 2018
Dallas, TX
I was just about to post this same question - I was allowed to buy two small ones at our grocery store and one larger one at CVS. Target, Lowe’s, and Home Depot seem to have some in stock online, but you aren’t allowed to buy it online, so I imagine they have a limit per customer as well.

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
There is already a thread on this.

Maybe a moderator can merge the 2 threads.

johnpkaiser

Bronze Supporter
Aug 12, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Our local home depot has plenty of cases on hand. I'm not sure about limits but at three gallons per sealed case and multiple family members, it seems you could get what you need.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

RMcGirr83

Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2018
Tuscola, TX
No way. Bacardi 151 is a collectors item now that they stopped making it for our safety. So many fun memories with that and Everclear in college.
There is always grain alcohol. We use it to make Limoncello (diluted down of course) ;)

Last edited:

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
I keep being reminded of The Simpson’s episode where Homer saw an Alcohol fueled car at an auto show and envisioned taking turns at the pump. ‘One for you, One for me, One for you, one for me’.

AndyTN

Bronze Supporter
Mar 27, 2019
Memphis
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
At least when your area goes on mandatory quarantine, you will be stuck sitting in a lounge chair beside your pool. Other people without pools at their house or in apartments will go insane with boredom. My biggest fear is getting stuck in the house for 2-3 weeks with the kids because they have shut down the schools. At least they will be able to swim and I can proactively stock up on beer now.

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
@JoyfulNoise is probably working on some mathematical chemical thing as we speak.

Alcohol conteBT is determined with a hydrometer. They are very accurate for large concentrations.

Hydrometer Alcohol Meter Test Kit: Distilled Alcohol American-Made 0-200 Proof Pro Series Traceable Alcoholmeter Tester Set with Glass Jar for Proofing Distilled Spirits

• Haha
Reactions: RMcGirr83

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Look at Walmart's pool section for their 12% liquid chlorine. My husband found plentiful new displays of pool chlorine last week. We know it comes in stock at Walmart each spring then out by August or so. Some folks looking for laundry bleach or liquid chlorine at hardware stores may not think to check Wallyworld's pool section.

Maddie :flower:

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Look at Walmart's pool section for their 12% liquid chlorine. My husband found plentiful new displays of pool chlorine last week. We know it comes in stock at Walmart each spring then out by August or so. Some folks looking for laundry bleach or liquid chlorine at hardware stores may not think to check Wallyworld's pool section.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.