Black and Decker variable speed pump seal

kotpool

Nov 6, 2017
Ojai CA
I installed a new 2HP B&D VS on Feb 3, 2023. Working great and super quiet. Does not need a new seal yet but I want to have a spare on hand for the inevitable. The OEM seal at Poolpartstogo is pricy so I asked if there is a generic. The reply was "We do have OEM seals, but PS-201 seals should work as well." PS-201 is much less expensive. I cannot know if it will work until I take the pump apart but, of course, I don't want to do that until I need it.

Thanks Mdragger88. The Calimar seal picture does not look the same as the PS-201. I won't know until I need to replace mine, which I hope is not for a long time. The Calimar parts list says it's for 3HP and it's out of stock and has no price listed.

Based on them telling you that PS-201 would work, I just ordered PS-3868, which is the upgraded version of PS-201. I hope it fits. This is going to be my 2nd time replacing the seal on my BD 2hp pump, hopefully this time it will work longer than 1 year

Based on them telling you that PS-201 would work, I just ordered PS-3868, which is the upgraded version of PS-201. I hope it fits. This is going to be my 2nd time replacing the seal on my BD 2hp pump, hopefully this time it will work longer than 1 year
I hope you're right that the replacement PS-3868 will work, and last longer than a year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.