Black Algae in Fiberglass Pool?

Aug 13, 2018
Louisville
HI all,

I have done some reading and searching, and I think I have a black algae issue even though its a fiberglass pool.

We have not used our pool near enough this year and I am assuming that may be part of the problem. Also, the reason why, we have spent time at the nearby lake after setting up a camp there this summer.

So, I am thinking, these two combined may have gotten me into a black algae issue. I have read pool school and think i get the treatment, I have scrubbed it off a couple times with a blue scouring pad, but it comes back easily. So I am about to get serious, but guess I want confirmation. I will post pics on next post, they are on my phone and didnt want to type all this part on there :)

Thanks for the quick reply guys, appreciate you taking your time.

I have not done the fingernail test, as I just read that this morning, will check though when I get the chance.

I dont have logs, I have been running about 20 on CYA and added a sock last week, to bring to 40, but havent tested it.

And honestly, I have been pretty bad with the chlorine this summer.

I will get a test done here in a few hours and post. Last test PH was 7.6 ALK about 50/60 and Chlorine was low so I had added some from calculator. When I scraped last time, I SLAM it, but only one night (had to leave town), so didnt really count, came back to this.

Thanks again for the tips

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.