Better way of testing pH

SuperMiguel

Nov 26, 2017
Florida
Hello all, i have a Tfkits kit and im struggling with pH the colors never really match for me, every other test have you count drops till color changes easy easy, but pH is always a guess game for me.

I also purchased the pH meter from TFkits but it goes out of calibration by the minute.

Is there anything better out there to test pH levels?

Was looking at this meter APERA INSTRUMENTS AI209 Value Series PH20 Waterproof pH Tester Kit, ±0.1 pH Accuracy https://a.co/d/1xJnmur but not sure if thats a recommended one, so asking the pros

Last edited:
pH meters are as good as their calibration; if you’re willing to buy the standards and regularly calibrate, they’re fine.

But I’d encourage you to worry less about pH - anything in the 7’s is good. Try different lighting and different backgrounds - I bet you’ll find something that helps. Realistically if you always think a 7.6 is really a 7.8, it won’t matter much.

I have the Apera PH60 which works great. I have calibrated twice over the past 8 months (got it for a Christmas present). It comes with calibration fluids. I have found it very reliable and others on the forum have recommended it.

Reactions: Sunnydaze and Foxer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.