Better deal for bleach

scdaren

Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2018
Clovis, CA
Depends on whether the pool company bleach is 10% or 12%. If 10%, the grocery store is a better deal, if 12%, they are the same price.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
It is difficult to find grocery store bleach at 8.25%. Most are 6% now. And they contain additives.

The 10 or 12% also degrade quicker. So storage, age, etc are more important.

scdaren

Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2018
Clovis, CA
$2.67 is a good price. Our local supermarket (Save Mart) also carries a generic 8.25%, very similar to that bottle except for the branding, and it's $4.29.

Our Lowe's and Home Depot carries a 10% that comes in 2 gallon cases, and works out to about that same HEB price. But it's specifically for pools, so no need to worry about additives not mentioned on the label.

nhamp07

Bronze Supporter
Jul 24, 2018
New Braunfels, TX
$2.67 is a good price. Our local supermarket (Save Mart) also carries a generic 8.25%, very similar to that bottle except for the branding, and it's $4.29.

Our Lowe's and Home Depot carries a 10% that comes in 2 gallon cases, and works out to about that same HEB price. But it's specifically for pools, so no need to worry about additives not mentioned on the label.
Thanks. My Lowe’s has a gallon of 10% for $3.86 but it’s not in stock now. Maybe in the summer I can use that.

I also see a 3 pack of 10% at Home Depot for 9.99. That seems like the best deal.

Thanks. I also just saw the sticky at the top...

Last edited:

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Also check with local power washing companies and see if they'll tell you where they buy bleach at. And maybe check with local clothes cleaning places, they may be willing to sell you some.