Better deal for bleach

Depends on whether the pool company bleach is 10% or 12%. If 10%, the grocery store is a better deal, if 12%, they are the same price.

It is difficult to find grocery store bleach at 8.25%. Most are 6% now. And they contain additives.

The 10 or 12% also degrade quicker. So storage, age, etc are more important.

$2.67 is a good price. Our local supermarket (Save Mart) also carries a generic 8.25%, very similar to that bottle except for the branding, and it's $4.29.

Our Lowe's and Home Depot carries a 10% that comes in 2 gallon cases, and works out to about that same HEB price. But it's specifically for pools, so no need to worry about additives not mentioned on the label.

$2.67 is a good price. Our local supermarket (Save Mart) also carries a generic 8.25%, very similar to that bottle except for the branding, and it's $4.29.

Our Lowe's and Home Depot carries a 10% that comes in 2 gallon cases, and works out to about that same HEB price. But it's specifically for pools, so no need to worry about additives not mentioned on the label.

Thanks. My Lowe’s has a gallon of 10% for $3.86 but it’s not in stock now. Maybe in the summer I can use that.

I also see a 3 pack of 10% at Home Depot for 9.99. That seems like the best deal.

Thanks. I also just saw the sticky at the top...

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.