Bestway Pool legs not in vertical position

damibal

Apr 1, 2021
Toronto
Hi everyone,

I am installing a Bestway Hydro Force Steel Max Round 12 foot pool. Got to level the ground perfectly and managed to put a paver in position for each leg. Everything sounds easy, but it's been 5 or 6 not full days of work. Leveling is not hard, but it is definitely time-consuming.

Now to my problem, I hope someone can help me out here!

Assembled the pool, but the legs are being pushed in at the bottom; hence not being able to position all of them on top of the pavers. We thought that it might get better when it is filled with water. Did that, waited until about a foot height of water, but didn't see the legs being pushed out. I hope someone can point me in the right direction, don't really know what to do. Seems like the band around the bottom that holds the legs close to the pool is too tight (it is not adjustable).

We stopped filling it and drained it, just in case something is wrong. Am I overthinking it? or should I complete the filling and see if the legs are pushed out with the bulge that will form at the bottom once it is full of water?

Please see the pictures attached. Any help will be much appreciated!

Attachments

• pool1.png
    pool1.png
    502.7 KB · Views: 90
  • pool2.png
    pool2.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 96
  • pool3.png
    pool3.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Is the liner fully flat, with no wrinkles, when the base is like that? Are you pushing out the sides as its filling?

Also, hard to tell from the images, but the pavers look very small. You need something that allows the legs to be on the paver from the start and then slide out if it needs to. You wont be able to move a leg once the pool is full so if its not on the paver from the start it never will be.

Is the liner fully flat, with no wrinkles, when the base is like that? Are you pushing out the sides as its filling?

Also, hard to tell from the images, but the pavers look very small. You need something that allows the legs to be on the paver from the start and then slide out if it needs to. You wont be able to move a leg once the pool is full so if its not on the paver from the start it never will be.
Hi Rushey,

Yes, base is fully flat. No wrinkles at all. Even empty I cant have all legs in a 90 degree vertically. The band around the bottom seems too tight. When I put some legs out to a 90 degree, other legs pull in.

Before assembling it I made sure the pavers fit the base of each leg and in position. Do the legs move as it is filled with water? Should they be square? Should I put a square piece of wood on top of the pavers?

Thank you so much.

I would not put any wood on top of the pavers. How warm is it currently? I have not come across this particular problem before. Filling the pool on a warm, sunny day may help the vinyl band to stretch, however you should be able to get all the legs straight and on pavers first. Usually the legs will push out when filling the pool. What size is the pool supposed to be? I'm wondering if the liner is the right size for the frame. Get someone to help you measure across the top of the pool at the widest part. That measurement will be the pool size. Compare that measurement to the pool size on the box. If you have the wrong liner, contact Bestway customer service Bestway USA, Inc.

I would not put any wood on top of the pavers. How warm is it currently? I have not come across this particular problem before. Filling the pool on a warm, sunny day may help the vinyl band to stretch, however you should be able to get all the legs straight and on pavers first. Usually the legs will push out when filling the pool. What size is the pool supposed to be? I'm wondering if the liner is the right size for the frame. Get someone to help you measure across the top of the pool at the widest part. That measurement will be the pool size. Compare that measurement to the pool size on the box. If you have the wrong liner, contact Bestway customer service Bestway USA, Inc.
It's pretty warm yesterday, sunny at 20 celsius (68 Fahrenheit). Should I wait for hotter weather?
I measured the way you explained and it seems the liner is the right size for the frame.
Any other thoughts? WIll the liner push the legs out when filling it with water?

Do the legs move as it is filled with water? Should they be square? Should I put a square piece of wood on top of the pavers?

They might move 1"-2" but not too much and usually only a few will move a bit. Wouldn't add wood.

The only other thing I can think is that the top of the pool is too big? Is it at all possible that top bars are not fully inserted/attached?

They might move 1"-2" but not too much and usually only a few will move a bit. Wouldn't add wood.

The only other thing I can think is that the top of the pool is too big? Is it at all possible that top bars are not fully inserted/attached?
If they move 1 to 2 inches is really enough for it to get on the paver. I might need a square-shaped paver then, so the legs have room to move outwards as it is filled in with water. Does it make sense?

By the way, thanks a lot Rushey and Zea3 for the big help. I am so disappointed to see this after so much work on the ground.

It shouldn't be too difficult to add a larger paver. I think a warmer day will help the band holding the legs to stretch more as the pool fills. If the legs can be placed on the pavers with the leg close to the inner edge filling past the band should push them out some.

It shouldn't be too difficult to add a larger paver. I think a warmer day will help the band holding the legs to stretch more as the pool fills. If the legs can be placed on the pavers with the leg close to the inner edge filling past the band should push them out some.
Thank you, started yesterday to put a larger one. WIll see how it goes and will post more info as I move on. I am at 7 out of 12 blocks ;-), it takes approximately 20 to 30 min per block..... soooooooo tired. I hope it works ;-)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Following this as well. Setting up a Hydro-force Steel Pro Max Frame Pool Set, 12-ft x 39.5-in from Canadian Tire and running into the same issue. We have 12x12 pavers for each leg, with the radius from centre at 5'9, so we should have 6" of leeway, but still can't get the legs to 90 degrees. About half the legs are bend inwards. The band is extremely tight, so as soon as we move on leg, it shifts others. Currently have the pool about half full to see if the band will stretch. Have also reached out to Bestway support. We'll see if they have any solutions.

I was curious if you ever got your support poles to 90 degrees? I started putting up our pool (my first one) and our legs were doing the same thing.
Hi, apologies as I mentioned I was going to update the forum. Been too busy!
I managed to change the pavers for bigger squared ones. And voila!

It worked, as you fill it in, you adjust the legs here and there. As it forms the bulge at the bottom, it pushes the legs out, and like @zea3 mentioned, better to wait for a hot day.

I can put pictures if you need them! Happy to help with any information for a fellow. Frustration is the first thing that comes to mind with this process. The instruction manual doesn't say anything except "don't use sand". Everyone says, use sand. Realistically talking, no one has the right information with these pools. there is no one size fits all.

Cheers and good luck.

Reactions: pphilipp
Hi, apologies as I mentioned I was going to update the forum. Been too busy!
I managed to change the pavers for bigger squared ones. And voila!

It worked, as you fill it in, you adjust the legs here and there. As it forms the bulge at the bottom, it pushes the legs out, and like @zea3 mentioned, better to wait for a hot day.

I can put pictures if you need them! Happy to help with any information for a fellow. Frustration is the first thing that comes to mind with this process. The instruction manual doesn't say anything except "don't use sand". Everyone says, use sand. Realistically talking, no one has the right information with these pools. there is no one size fits all.

Cheers and good luck.
Thanks for the update. It was one of our cooler days. Will give it another try in a couple of days after it dries out from all the rain and temps expected to be near 90. Thanks again!

Reactions: zea3
Following this as well. Setting up a Hydro-force Steel Pro Max Frame Pool Set, 12-ft x 39.5-in from Canadian Tire and running into the same issue. We have 12x12 pavers for each leg, with the radius from centre at 5'9, so we should have 6" of leeway, but still can't get the legs to 90 degrees. About half the legs are bend inwards. The band is extremely tight, so as soon as we move on leg, it shifts others. Currently have the pool about half full to see if the band will stretch. Have also reached out to Bestway support. We'll see if they have any solutions.
Good luck with Bestway, I tried that venue and no response at all, opened a ticket, called, sent emails. No response. IT is very unfortunate to have these companies out there that don't provide support to their customers. Definitely a never buy again product. just for the service and support.

Reactions: pphilipp
Thanks for the update. It was one of our cooler days. Will give it another try in a couple of days after it dries out from all the rain and temps expected to be near 90. Thanks again!
no problem, anytime. Ah, and get ready to spend hours cleaning the filter cartridge ;-). it is very impressive how it absorbs everything so quickly. It is a very tedious process to clean it. I recommend you get another pair and also a filter cartridge cleaner. It helps remove the dirt that gets stuck in the cartridge. If you have a couple, you can switch them over while you have them cleaned. Enjoy the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.