Best way to increase Cholrine, run longer or higher output?

piefightclub

May 29, 2021
Worcester County, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
I have an Aqua-cal pool pilot digital nano running at 65% output. I need to increase by chlorine level. Because I'm cheap, I currently run the pump for 10 hours at 2600rpm, which is just enough for the digital nano to generate chlorine, anything lower and I get flow errors on the display.

Should I increase the output of the SWG, presumably decreasing its lifespan, or run the pump longer?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Both do the same but running the SWG at 100% will save you money by lowering your pump run time :)

I always run 100% for a a certain time... So save yourself some money and kick SWG to 100% and run for 8 hours or so :)

running the SWG at 50% for 24 or 100% at 12 hours uses the same amount of the SWG life span...

Reactions: piefightclub
Man, normally I would say run 24/7 at a low RPM and adjust the % accordingly, but usually "low" is like 1,200.

Why do you get flow issues < 2,600 and has it always done that? Something doesnt seem right with that.

Man, normally I would say run 24/7 at a low RPM and adjust the % accordingly, but usually "low" is like 1,200.

Why do you get flow issues < 2,600 and has it always done that? Something doesnt seem right with that.
It's a good question, I've also felt that was high. I'm going to clean the filter and see if that helps. The pump is a Pentair Sta-Rite Supermax VSP if that matters. Maybe the flow meter needs to be checked as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.