TFP Guide
Oct 20, 2017
Southern WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay, so I'm currently doing an Ahh-some purge of my spa, and want to post a lot of pictures. 20, to be specific. Got some questions.

I can attach pictures to posts. Is this the preferred method? Limit is ten, so I'd have to break my picture post into two posts. Problem I've already had doing this is some pictures I want to share in another thread to demonstrate this or that but it's attached to that one post so I can't easily find and share that photo. How much storage does a user get when using "attachments", or is there no limit?

I can also upload media, but that seems a lot more restrictive. It appears I'm limited to 5 MB total storage, as well as 3 MB per picture. I was thinking I could upload my pictures into an album of my own in the "media" section, then BBCode image links into my post.

On other forums I've almost exclusively used Flickr and BBCode the image links into my posts, but I've hit the 1000 picture limit for a free account on Flickr (I tend to be pretty picture heavy, if you couldn't tell by me wanting to put 20 pictures in one post...), so using that method I'd have to become a paid Flickr user to keep adding pictures. If I'm paying for anything, I'd rather donate to this site. Does the "media" storage limit increase with donation, and if so, to what level?

I can also upload media, but that seems a lot more restrictive. It appears I'm limited to 5 MB total storage, as well as 3 MB per picture. I was thinking I could upload my pictures into an album of my own in the "media" section, then BBCode image links into my post.
Use an app to resize the picture. I use Lit Photo. Takes a 2 meg or so picture and reduces it's size to around 400 kB with not much, if any, degradation. EG this pic was resized using the app I mentioned from 3 meg to 424 kB

Let me wake up a tad bit more and take a look at a few things. As Marty said, we’d LOVE any donations to help cover server costs, but please for all things good don’t go relaying on third party sites to store your content. Photobucket KILLED the quality of many of our best threads when they got greedy. ?

Let me wake-up more.......I’ll get ya setup. ?

Reactions: jseyfert3
Yeah I know what you're saying Leebo. I've run across a ton of threads on lots of forums with no pictures cause the hosting service was dead or paywalled or similar. That's why I asked.

Use Snip & Sketch ( formerly Snipping Tool) to capture it on screen. Lots smaller (file size) and you don't have huge file size pictures taking up server space. Sometimes I use Picasa to preview multiples and snip that.

He's got it set so I can upload them to the media folder, and then use BBCode to link them over to my posts. The server automatically resizes uploaded pictures.

For resizing pictures I'd recommend using IrfanView. You can batch resize an entire folder of pictures in a few seconds a lot faster than you can screen snip them.

I've been using FasStone Image Viewer for batch conversion of photos .... adding dates, names, etc. (mostly to really old scanned photos). It can change from jpg to tif, png, etc. and resize. For my purposes, it works great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.