Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
Hi all,

I want to move my pump and filter so I can lay some pavers for a proper equipment pad. (While I do that, I also plan to put in some shut off valves) Since I cant move it full of water, what’s the best way to drain this without flooding my yard?

I’m assuming I need to plug the filter and return lines, since I don’t have a shut off valve yet. Once I’ve done that, how do I drain the cartridge filter?

There appears to be a small drain plug on the back, but as soon as I open that I imagine water will come gushing out and I don’t really want a swamp. Has anybody done that before and have any creative ideas? Or if I just have to let it drain into the grass, any idea how much water a 150 sq ft cartridge filter system would have inside it?

Appreciate any tips!

Jared

Attachments

• 9BD1CBA3-90BE-43B3-A27F-9222EF78E747.jpeg
    9BD1CBA3-90BE-43B3-A27F-9222EF78E747.jpeg
    543.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 814E93EE-D6FD-4D81-9D36-F4E9FEA30C40.jpeg
    814E93EE-D6FD-4D81-9D36-F4E9FEA30C40.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 17
Stuff a rag or cork in the skimmer and return eye to slow or stop the water. While you have it apart, install valves in the lines so you can block the water the next time you need to perform maintenance.
On the filter, there is a plug marked drain, it's the one shown in your picture. There is only about 10-25 gallons of water in the filter housing so it won't really flood your lawn. While you have things apart, you can also add a drain line with a valve & union so that the drained water goes where you want it to.

Stuff a rag or cork in the skimmer and return eye to slow or stop the water. While you have it apart, install valves in the lines so you can block the water the next time you need to perform maintenance.
On the filter, there is a plug marked drain, it's the one shown in your picture. There is only about 10-25 gallons of water in the filter housing so it won't really flood your lawn. While you have things apart, you can also add a drain line with a valve & union so that the drained water goes where you want it to.
Thank you! Is the drain hole typically the same 1.5 inch threaded? I like the idea of installing a union there.

Success!

I added a Pentair valve to the drain port, and also added an adapter so I can just hook up a garden hose for draining and direct it wherever.

Also added Pentair valves for the skimmer and return, so future maintenance should be a breeze.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 3CB1CB5A-871F-4491-98D4-61DE3F9A1CDD.jpeg
    3CB1CB5A-871F-4491-98D4-61DE3F9A1CDD.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.