Clermont FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Our water chemistry is fine but ever since our travertine coping was sealed with some dripping from the water based urethane sealer product, the water has not been quite the same sparkling clarity. We have a plaster saltwater pool 11K gallons and the current pool temperature is about 80°. I could heat it more. The city tapwater we would fill with is about 71 or 72° now here in FL . Is it better to fill from the bottom and pump out from the top or the other way around in a SW pool. While the somewhat cooler water might be filled from the bottom, will that work in a saltwater pool if the salt water is a bit denser and of course the salt water density will change gradually as the water is diluted with the freshwater. If filled from the top I would probably fill with the hose from our fairly large sun shelf. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
Hard call. I would suspect the salt water will override the water temperature.

Could you let the water temperature come down a few degrees over a few days? Or is 80F the current natural temperature of the water?

Hard call. I would suspect the salt water will override the water temperature.

Could you let the water temperature come down a few degrees over a few days? Or is 80F the current natural temperature of the water?
I guess I shouldn’t have heated it for the wife... Natural temp would be low 70s but its gonna be a warm week.

Attachments

• 80C5D771-A966-4B27-A2D9-BBE44FF9AE5C.jpeg
    80C5D771-A966-4B27-A2D9-BBE44FF9AE5C.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 3
It will cool down pretty quick. Especially if you run the water fall in the evening. Pool water temperature will gravitate towards the overnight low air temperatures.

I would say wait until you get the fill and pool water closer in temperature and then run the exchange.

It is hard for me to understand why the material that got dripped in is causing that much issue. Have you tried something like Natural Chemistry Pool Perfect?

Reactions: ckendalls
It will cool down pretty quick. Especially if you run the water fall in the evening. Pool water temperature will gravitate towards the overnight low air temperatures.

I would say wait until you get the fill and pool water closer in temperature and then run the exchange.

It is hard for me to understand why the material that got dripped in is causing that much issue. Have you tried something like Natural Chemistry Pool Perfect?
I don’t get it either. A few drips of this two part water based urethane product clouds up the water pretty fast. After the initial coat also with some drips, the water cleared up to my normal in a couple days. They had to come back to put on another coat with a micronized polypropylene additive to reduce the slickness and more drips. Again it mostly cleared but not to my normal... and the filter is clean and pretty new... I supposed it could be the weeks of high pollen ... but I haven't seen this before. The water temp was low 60s when this started.

So is that Natural Chemistry Pool Perfect “smart zyme” stuff legit? I’ve never used more than the basic TFP stuff.

Attachments

• 37688F65-94D6-4F1B-9E70-61A93DA12531.jpeg
    37688F65-94D6-4F1B-9E70-61A93DA12531.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 6
One of our Experts recommends it when there is 'unusual' items that get in the pool and cannot be resolved with normal TFP methods. I would not use it like the manufacturer says as a regular item, but for a try before dumping 11000 gallons of water and the expense of that, plus the salt, plus acid if necessary, etc why not try it.

Reactions: ckendalls
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.