Best robots for steps and benches

SoonerWing

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 27, 2015
Tuttle/Oklahoma
I am about to make the jump and purchase a robot to assist with the pool cleaning. We have a 18x36 pool with an 8' deep end. There is a grotto, 2 benches, and a tanning ledge with steps. Are there any robots that will hit the benches, steps, and grotto? I understand that the tanning ledge may be too shallow for a robot but I am really hoping one will get into that grotto as it is a bugger to clean from outside of the pool.

You are the best robot for benches and ledges. I don't think any robot does then well. My S300i will sometimes get up in the sun shelf but only rarely. He does floors, walls and tile line very well.

Just brush them. That's the best way to keep them clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is more that a foot deep my robot will get on it. The shelf is 6" or so and it won't get on that. I think it would do fine in there.

Great to hear! I have been reading up on your other thread and am leaning towards giving the Discovery a shot. The grotto and benches are over a foot deep and that was the confirmation that I was looking for. Looks like I am going to make a purchase today. Is there any difference between the Doheny's Discovery and the Dolphin S200?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.