Best product for caulking?

I would use something like SikaFlex self-leveling sealant. They should sell a textured product (contains sand) that will look more natural than the flat rubbery material.

I would also suggest removing all the old material, cleaning out the gap, and using foam backer rod to fill up the depth. The tech sheet on the SikaFlex should give a maximum fill depth. The lines should have no slope to keep the material from pooling. If there is a slope, then you’ll need to use a faster setting compound.

Is that your expansion joint between coping and deck?

I would use something like SikaFlex self-leveling sealant. They should sell a textured product (contains sand) that will look more natural than the flat rubbery material.

I would also suggest removing all the old material, cleaning out the gap, and using foam backer rod to fill up the depth. The tech sheet on the SikaFlex should give a maximum fill depth. The lines should have no slope to keep the material from pooling. If there is a slope, then you’ll need to use a faster setting compound.

Sika makes all around great products.

If the OP has a lot to do, getting it in sausages is a lot more efficient.

^^^^^ there are always a bunch for sale on my Offerup app. I always chuckle that the person won't need to caulk 500ft again anytime soon and would buy one used from a fellow homeowner knowing it was most likely used once.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Screenshot_20231219_124028_OfferUp.jpg

A bit further down the page.....

Screenshot_20231219_124042_OfferUp.jpg

:laughblue::laughblue::laughblue::laughblue::laughblue::laughblue:

*the fancy ones are going for $120 to $175 but still a savings.

No need to sell it … you can use it to decorate Christmas cookies and cakes. You just need the different flower tips to make the fancy designs.

Seriously, an acquaintance of mine does side work as a baker and she does cookies, cupcakes and wedding cakes off the books for friends and family. She uses her husbands electric caulking gun to do the detail work. She laughed when I asked if squeezing a pastry bag all the time made her hands hurt. She laughed and told me only amateurs use pastry bags. If she has to dress up a hundred cupcakes, it’s the Dewalt caulking gun all the way!!

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
No need to sell it … you can use it to decorate Christmas cookies and cakes. You just need the different flower tips to make the fancy designs.

Seriously, an acquaintance of mine does side work as a baker and she does cookies, cupcakes and wedding cakes off the books for friends and family. She uses her husbands electric caulking gun to do the detail work. She laughed when I asked if squeezing a pastry bag all the time made her hands hurt. She laughed and told me only amateurs use pastry bags. If she has to dress up a hundred cupcakes, it’s the Dewalt caulking gun all the way!!

1) I feel a need to upgrade, as I only own a manual sausage gun.

2) They make electric cookie presses (I have a manual one of those too) that also have tips for frosting.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.