Best Pool Test Kit?

TiffK1212

Apr 30, 2019
Charleston, SC
Need advice on best pool test kit within reason. I have an above ground 18x52 Intex with 2150gph sand filter and SWG, and I’m not sure paying upwards of $90 for the Taylor k2006 is worthwhile for an above ground pool. Is there a more affordable Taylor kit, or alternate brand, that would suit my needs / tell me the basics? Which readings are most essential for my setup? Currently trying to lower ph and get an accurate cya level, both store bought test kits (Clorox and hth) I have are useless. Thank you in advance!

Many of us have the TF100 from TFTestkits.net. It is the best value for the residential pool owner.

Your other option will be to treat your pool as Temporary/Seasonal. You can use a less intensive monitoring process and when the water gets an issue you drain and refill. If that is cheaper and easier to do, that is great.

You may want to consider following Seasonal Pools

Reactions: TiffK1212
Your pool is about 7600 gallons. That's no kiddie pool. You need a grownup test kit to go with it. The TF100 is what I use. Same chemicals as the K2006, but the quantities of each are adjusted top what you use most of, rather than so they fit nicely in the case. It'll get you through this season and possibly next. Consider it an investment. One algae bloom that didn;t, one trip to the urgent care with pinkeye not made, it's paid for itself.

Welcome! :wave: By the time you shop around and purchase various test kits or add-ons that have small bottles, you'll see the TF-100 is a fantastic value. I got my first one in 2013 and will never trust anything else. Great value, quick shipping. Also take a look at Test Kits Compared.

Have a great day! :swim:

TF100 hands down. I thought it was overkill when I got mine two years ago to test a 5000 gallon seasonal pool, but it pays for itself very quickly in both chemical additions being much more accurate and peace of mind that your water is balanced.

I justified it easily in the first summer just from the amount of money I saved in chemicals, I had a tendency to simply throw chemicals in the pool out of frustration.

I justified it easily in the first summer just from the amount of money I saved in chemicals, I had a tendency to simply throw chemicals in the pool out of frustration.

OMG, say it ain't so!! Yup, this test kit *will* save you a ton of greenbacks. You *only* put into your pool that which is actually needs, not just what the pool store sold you or you guessed about.

Maddie :flower:

The health of your swimmers is priceless. You’ve already stated that inexpensive test kits are useless. Your pool had an initial price and you’ve enjoyed it, no doubt. Now, spending money on a quality test kit is not free but pays for itself in the peace of mind it provides you knowing your pool is balanced and sanitary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.