Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

It's been several weeks now where my local Walmart (and all others in a decent radius) have no stock of LC. I decided to order 10 jugs online over the weekend - it ended up being delayed, and they only brought me 6 - the rest are coming later. Seems like pretty severe stock issues. Anyone else seeing similar with Walmart in other parts of the country? Might have to accelerate the timeline on my SWCG install 😅

It's been several weeks now where my local Walmart (and all others in a decent radius) have no stock of LC. I decided to order 10 jugs online over the weekend - it ended up being delayed, and they only brought me 6 - the rest are coming later. Seems like pretty severe stock issues. Anyone else seeing similar with Walmart in other parts of the country? Might have to accelerate the timeline on my SWCG install 😅
With summer winding down, I am sure they are monitoring inventory levels. Expect less and less inventory as we progress into Holloween

I am able to reorder from Walmart at the usual low price when I keep clicking on the item, within my previous purchase details. ( in The Walmart app). It doesn’t show up at that price when I do a regular search for it. I always have to order because my local stores are always out of stock. Only once in the last 2 years did I call for a refund because of damaged, leaking jugs that had been re- packaged in plastic bags inside the box, which was probably done by FedEx. One order this summer was delivered from a store and it was a 2022 production date. I called Walmart and received a refund for that order as well.
The price increase by Home Depot was disappointing. Last year a case of 4 gallons from there was only slightly more than Walmart and same day curbside pickup was great.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I live in an area of about 30K - no LC anywhere!!! Also - the last time I saw any at our local Walmart was May…😭
How far are you guys driving to get it? I’d like to switch to SWG but right now I need to find some chlorine to get ready to close! Any ideas?

I live in an area of about 30K - no LC anywhere!!! Also - the last time I saw any at our local Walmart was May…😭
How far are you guys driving to get it? I’d like to switch to SWG but right now I need to find some chlorine to get ready to close! Any ideas?
Plain unadulterated bleach if no dedicated pool liquid chlorine is available. Just have to use more.
No splashless, no cloromax technology, no scent, no fabric conditioners
Great Value Bleach, 81 fl oz
Great Value Bleach, 81 fl oz - Walmart.com

Reactions: Salbailey
What is your CYA?
4 months ago it was 20.

If it's still low, you can use trichlor or dichlor.
Plain old chlorine beach, without any additives, as @Mdragger88 suggests will work as well.

In Sacramento, CA today, at the Home Depot on Folsom Blvd, I found 121 oz of 7.5% HDX bleach for ~$7.80 each, with dates of 23263 and 23278, which I believe means they are less than a month old?

Divide the 263 part by 30 and it was made 8.76 months into the year which is the end of Sept. It's off by 0 to 5 days as the year progresses, but it's way close enough for easy cellphone math in the aisle of the store.

The 278 is 9.26 with easy math or Oct 5th if you look it up.

I just paid $27.18 for a 3 pack of June / 4 month old / 20193 at HD. Not a fan of this jug lugging stuff.

don't u know where i can buy it in the UK?
Seems like there are a few places - I found this from Oldham

https://www.chemicalsforpools.co.uk/product/liquid-chlorine-25kg/

27 quid for 25 litres (6.6 US, 5.5 UK gallons) - that about 4 quid a US gallon, so about US$5/gallon, which isn't much more than it is this side of the unchlorinated pond.

Another one in Farnborough - closer, but more expensive.

Sodium Hypochlorite (Liquid Chlorine)

Your mileage may vary, I can't attest to any quality/service etc - just a quick Google for 'Liquid Chlorine' turned these up.
Bear in mind, I'm in the US, so not like I can pop in and check them out ;)

Reactions: Mdragger88
I live in the Los Angeles area. I tried to restock liquid chlorine at Walmart with my normal pick up order online, it says it won't ship to me. I try Lowe's website. Their Kem-Tem 2 pack that I've bought before now says there is a state ban!? What is going on??? Please help

• Wow
Reactions: KJB1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support