Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

640 ounces x 12% is 76.8 oz of available chlorine. If you have a 10,000 gallon pool, and need 10 parts per million to slam, you need 640 ounces of available chlorine.
This makes no sense. Slam depends on CYA (at 50 requires 20ppm). Typically it requires a gallon or two or three (of 10%, not "available").

Have to run a new line from the electrical panel out to pool pad though no? I have a gas line, sprinkler lines, a drain and existing electrical I’d have to navigate through 🫣
Doesn't draw much current, I just wired it to an existing timer (used to be connected to a pressure side pump I no longer use).

Reactions: Envieddesigns
Aw man, I'm getting really excited lol. I know you basically have to dump a boatload of salt. Other than than fitting the SWG onto your piping, anything else that needs to be changed?
"Boatload"? Only took 5 bags ($35 worth) in my 17k pool. Already had 1500ppm salt in it from 10 years of chlorine use.

In the NY/Long Island area, King Kullen supermarkets had Austin's 12.5% for $5.29/gal.
Thanks. Bought 11 gallons. Guy behind me was like be careful you'll stain your liner. I'm like yeah I know. I've used 16 bottles of pool essentials from home Depot so far haha
This was less than half the price. 107th day vs 136 from home depot though

Reactions: x Wild Bill x
Just saw Wally World has them $5.47/g
In Richmond for work, and ran into Walmart for some emergency electronics. Happen to pass buy the chlorine. $5.47. I think that’s a nationwide price. I switched to an SWG but at least for me in central Texas is the best deal I’ve seen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In Richmond for work, and ran into Walmart for some emergency electronics. Happen to pass buy the chlorine. $5.47. I think that’s a nationwide price. I switched to an SWG but at least for me in central Texas is the best deal I’ve seen.
Went to 2 Walmarts and they each had a single bottle of LC and it was just placed at a random spot along the aisle lol.

I should've asked for the price match but was in a hurry buying some other items at HD. Maybe I'll return the three 4 packs I didn't touch.

Order online. My Walmart usually only has a couple of bottles but you can still order online you get free shipping and same day delivery. I've been ordering in batches of 10 with no issues other than 1 old batch which they made good on.
Are you just getting the pool bleach they sell? I see one for 5.67. Pondering about switching. Paying 6.60 per gallon on the 5 gal car boys and I can’t find a decent spout to use to avoid spills. But I’m looking at the .93 cent difference as paying that extra to have a higher percentage in chlorine 🧐

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support