Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

I completely understand. If I didn’t have a SWCG, I’d probably be much more mindful of cost. I only occasionally add a gallon of bleach, maybe 1 every couple of months, just to push chlorine back up if it has drifted down.
Nice ! If i had to buy only 1 gal / every couple of months I would have so much more time on my hands. But, i have both travertine stones (1700 sqft) and a lot of SSteel products downwind from the pool and don’t need the corrosion…if not, SWC would be a NO Brainer

If you’d really be interested in a SWCG, be sure to look into the actual salt content of a LC pool. It’s not that different from a SWCG pool. And the salt level isn’t so high that it’s corrosive - not like seawater. It’s more like the salt level in your tears.

This is the best deal I have ever seen. I just picked up 12 gallons at $2.49 per gallon at my local Kroger. Pool Essentials 10%
Was that a store sale? The link is showing $4.99. Was paying $4.97 for same at WalMart, but our Home Depot finally got in some pallets selling for $4.50. PE 10% is about all I find reasonable around here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Was that a store sale? The link is showing $4.99. Was paying $4.97 for same at WalMart, but our Home Depot finally got in some pallets selling for $4.50. PE 10% is about all I find reasonable around here.
Maybe. Here is how it shows for me online. $4.99 regular price, but on sale for $2.49. I picked it up at my local store after ordering online.
1661477916849.png

Reactions: Mdragger88
They are probably trying to deplete the seasonal stock. This stuff doesn't maintain its potency for long.
Think so! Our WalMarts, which devoted 4 shelves for the same stuff over the summer, now have a tiny allotted space and one bottle left last one I went to. Luckily, HD picked up the slack just in time.

Think so! Our WalMarts, which devoted 4 shelves for the same stuff over the summer, now have a tiny allotted space and one bottle left last one I went to. Luckily, HD picked up the slack just in time.
You would think that stuff would constantly be in rotation though, especially down in TX? I know up here in Mass and New Hampshire they are constantly bringing in more pallets each week until late September. Then they just have the gallon jugs on the side for year round.

You would think that stuff would constantly be in rotation though, especially down in TX? I know up here in Mass and New Hampshire they are constantly bringing in more pallets each week until late September. Then they just have the gallon jugs on the side for year round.
Around here, they seem very seasonal with things, and, not always timed perfectly to season. If I went north a bit, closer to Houston, where demand is higher, I suspect would still find summer stock levels. No rhyme or reason, just like our local HD's didn't carry liquid chlorine all summer, just MA. Now, just in the last week they get pallets of chlorine! Who knows!

Reactions: cledee
They are probably trying to deplete the seasonal stock. This stuff doesn't maintain its potency for long.
Could be. I wonder if anyone even knows Kroger has it. I had no idea until I saw it when I was searching to check HD inventory. To your point on potency, I only bought 12 gallons for that reason. I wanted to buy a lot more at this price, but I was not sure how long it would be good. I've been using approx 1.5 to 2.0 gallons per week on average this summer.

I just purchased 10 gals LC via online at Walmart. I picked it up and the mfg. Date was 8/11/22 - just over 2 wks old. So it appears that WM is still purchasing LC. This is Pool Essentials 10%.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support