Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Be careful with HD bleach... some of the 3 pack boxes looked pretty beat up so I picked the new looking ones. The first one I took out of my truck gave way. A bottle broke and stained my driveway as well as ruined my shoes and pants. There was nothing wrong with the boxes just a super poor design. All the boxes were the same way.

Be careful with HD bleach... some of the 3 pack boxes looked pretty beat up so I picked the new looking ones. The first one I took out of my truck gave way. A bottle broke and stained my driveway as well as ruined my shoes and pants. There was nothing wrong with the boxes just a super poor design. All the boxes were the same way.
Yeah, did the same, but it was at the store, and it didn't break the jug. I noticed yesterday they had a bunch of new 10-101! Time to stock up before the heat hits their stock.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's all I've ever used. It's getting harder to find 12% these days and Menards has managed to maintain it's quality while keeping the price the same for years. They also have muriatic acid for $3.50 a gallon this week.
Yes, great deal! I bought 7 cases last year and it worked great for me - wish I had bought more at the time. I stocked up today! Thanks for the tip on the acid too! IIRC, that's about half price as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20190429_152412220_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190429_152412220_HDR.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: BuckeyeMac
Just curious...I'm just getting started and have been "stalking" some of these threads as I learn. :) I don't have Menard's near me but my sister is at college for another couple weeks very near a Menard's and then she's spending the summer with me. That seems like a super price for chlorine right now! Just wondering how many gallons I could safely buy and store? I guess the better question would be, how long can I expect it to last? I don't want to get enough for the whole summer if it would only last a month?

You know you have truly embraced TFP when you become happy about finding 19107 vintage 10% at HD and stock up enough for the next ~ 40 days or worth of bleach. I can't find any bogo or discount deals, so their 6.17$/2 gallons (if you buy 4 or more) seems to be the best bet for me right now.

Not bad for 3-pack of 10%, but if you're buying from Home Depot better to stock up now because they usually store stuff outdoors in poor conditions and once the weather heats up all bets are off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support