Best pebble finish for turquoise/teal blue water?

No we did add the abalone shells, and I am glad we did. They really add a nice sparkle. At first i was hesitant to add anything, just wanted my white plaster pool replastered, but by the time we were signed we had decided on Tropics blue with abalone and we are really happy with color and sparkles. No glass beads were put in mix as I was told they have a tendancy to be problematic as they like to fall out. Maybe my pool guy was just saying that I don't know firsthand.

Have you considered gray?

This is CLI gray harbor. It is a greenish blue.
7f7b7a4fcb4cc1722ae6ea9358818618.jpg

The thing is, gray looks so GRAY on the steps and benches. That doesn't work for the feeling we're going after. Here is our inspiration:

View attachment 68470

Love this color! We are trying to achieve the same with an Aquabright finish. Please post when you figure out what will give this color to you. The trend in our area is very blue or very dark. People think we are crazy to want turquoise water.

Your inspiration Picts have a lot of greenery around the pool that the eye picks up as well as the reflected value. Time of day and angle of sunlight also make a huge difference. If you look at my build Picts the color is very different in overcast (more blue) than in sunlight. Also the neighbor behind the raised platform has some plants that stand over the wall (fence) and if you look carefully you can see reflected green on the surface from that. I have Stonescapes Aqua Blue.

Update from OP: Yesterday we were able to see the Aqua White Stonescapes with both the Puerto Rico blend and abalone shells. It is everything we hoped it would be - exactly the right shade of turquoise verging on teal blue. Saw it in bright sun, as well as under cloud cover (Mother Nature gave us both in the same visit). The Aqua White gives a surprisingly saturated hue, given how light it is. We have chosen our pool finish!

Reactions: Sunlover5514

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We went with NPT mini pebble Midnight Blue and it actually seems way more teal than we had thought.

View attachment 69173

View attachment 69174

Wow I really like your pool finish! I've been looking for some pictures using midnight blue mini-pebble NPT. I like how natural the pool looks overall with your rock feature, very nice! Thanks for sharing! [emoji1]

Question, it looks like you have a tanning deck there, is it also midnight blue? It doesn't seem so in the picture which is why I'm asking.

Wow I really like your pool finish! I've been looking for some pictures using midnight blue mini-pebble NPT. I like how natural the pool looks overall with your rock feature, very nice! Thanks for sharing! [emoji1]

Question, it looks like you have a tanning deck there, is it also midnight blue? It doesn't seem so in the picture which is why I'm asking.

Thanks a bunch HH. That natural look was really what we were going after with both our finish and the water feature, coping, etc., mainly since we have a lot of trees and natural surroundings. As stated, it turned out more teal than blue, but it worked out and we're happy with it.

And the tanning ledge (bottom left side of top pic....partially shaded) with the bubbler in the middle is actually Oklahoma flagstone, same as the coping. I can get more pics if you want with different lighting conditions and also when the pool isn't so rocky. That was in the middle of my pool sweep going. Again, thanks for the kind words.

Gray finishes give the steel blue look, like ours. It will have no green/turquoise/real feel to it.

I think I wanted a similar color, but probably more blue than green than you do (I wanted Windex). I liked the water color of Aqua Blue better, but we went with Aqua White b/c I liked the way the aggregate looked better (wanted less pebble look) and a lot of what you see is our shelf and steps. We added abalone and couldn't be happier. I would do it all over again. If we didn't have a shelf, I'd probably prefer Aqua Blue or something possibly deeper/darker, but do think we would be happy with either. Although I love the water produced by some of the grey, green, and darker finishes, I found I only preferred them in full sun and didn't care for them as much if it were cloudy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.