Cape Coral, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I dont want to start a debate but I'm thinking of buying a handheld battery vac for my inground pool. Just to pick up sand around the steps and clumps of debris here and there. My pool is 14' x 28'. I've read up on Pool Blaster catfish vac and other models but I get the feeling that they just aren't powerful enough. I want a lithium ion battery vac. I believe will provide good battery life. I dont have a budget per say but something under $200 would be nice. Maybe $250 tops. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

I have had two Pool Blasters. Both failed within the first year. Both allowed water into the motor compartment or into the battery compartment. I won't buy another one.

I've thought about rigging up a sump pump. Output to a silt bag that hangs in the pool. Input is a hose with vac nozzle. Not sure if they make battery sump pumps, but I have one that plugs in that I use to clean a tankless water heater. As long as the hoses are long enough to keep electric away from pool, should work well. Might work as skimmer too.

I’ve been happy with my Pool Blaster Max HD, with the optional sand/salt filter bag. It takes 45-60 mins to do my whole pool, but as a spot cleaner I think it would be great.

I’m on year 3 with it and it’s still doing great. Mine is not Li-Ion but I believe they have a model (Max Li HD) that is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.