katiejean13

Jun 24, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We are in the middle of our pool build and are planning for our “grand opening” party. From signing to completion, the whole process will be about 9 months, so we’ve joked we’re having a “pool baby”! We are a couple who won’t be having any kids, but we’ve been to enough of our friend’s baby showers and bridal showers, we decided to host a baby shower for our pool!

Therefore, we are going to start a registry and include it on our invitations. So we need your feedback, what are the top items we should register for?? It will definitely be an “adult” pool with plenty of locations for lounging and socializing!

DEA4531B-BF67-4109-8954-8060482FAF27.jpeg

Reactions: allidb85

Inkbird Wireless Pool Thermometer, lighted floating balls, towels, towel rack, pool deck decor, floats, pool noodles, basketball goal / Volleyball net, water lounger, cooler, floating cooler, Floating beer pong, NERF GUNS, water pistols/shooters, JBL XTREME 3 bluetooth speaker, Sign "Welcome to our "OOL" You noticed there is not "P" in it, let's keep it that way", gift card to ____________.

Last edited:
Reactions: katiejean13
I'll +1 that above. I am the biggest you do you-er there is. But I am also worried you'll offend your friends who aren't you.

Is your friend group looking for any excuse they can make up to all get together ? If so it will be a big hit being themed and whatnot.

If your friend group has to schedule child care and likely make the kids miss weekend activities so that they can attend an adult party, with specific gift requirements....... maybe not so much.

Reactions: Gladius Nova

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'll +1 that above. I am the biggest you do you-er there is. But I am also worried you'll offend your friends who aren't you.

Is your friend group looking for any excuse they can make up to all get together ? If so it will be a big hit being themed and whatnot.

If your friend group has to schedule child care and likely make the kids miss weekend activities so that they can attend an adult party, with specific gift requirements....... maybe not so much.
Yes, but if you have kids, think of how many gifts over the years friends have brought over for them - for my friends that don't have kids, I wouldn't mind bringing a gift for their new "pool" baby. But, any adults only party? Sorry I can't justify spending the $$ on a sitter to go to a pool party. Plus my little ones would KILL me for not bringining them! I believe there was a "sex in the city" based on Carrie asking for gifts from her friends' she had bought numerous kid gifts for!

Yes, but if you have kids, think of how many gifts over the years friends have brought over for them - for my friends that don't have kids, I wouldn't mind bringing a gift for their new "pool" baby.
Fair is fair. I'm all for that part. But I know there were many times that to attend said party, little Suzy would have missed Dance on Saturday afternoon and Johnny wouldn't have made T-ball practice. And I'd be out to pay a sitter. And they'd be in a foul mood they weren't welcome at Aunt Wanda's party. And *then* go specific gift shopping ?

For a really close friend I would be all for it. If I barely made the invitation list, I probably wouldn't even RSVP.

If my kids were self sufficient teens I'd be all for it. If my kids were little I would lol.

With a group of friends in different places of life, it could be a hit for some and an insult for others.

Hmm I guess if your friends are into this, then dream big! If you’re starting to second guess the registry, maybe just have a regular pool party and chill out with your pals without any formal expectations. I can’t imagine anyone not bringing their kiddos so keep that option open.

Oops I didn’t mean to say that the pool party was adults only. I just meant the design of the pool was tailored more towards lounging and drinking versus kids jumping in and that type of activity. Our friends would definitely not be offended and would think it’s fun to help supply our pool with things they will certainly enjoy when they come over in the future!
Yes, but if you have kids, think of how many gifts over the years friends have brought over for them - for my friends that don't have kids, I wouldn't mind bringing a gift for their new "pool" baby. But, any adults only party? Sorry I can't justify spending the $$ on a sitter to go to a pool party. Plus my little ones would KILL me for not bringining them! I believe there was a "sex in the city" based on Carrie asking for gifts from her friends' she had bought numerous kid gifts for!

Fair is fair. I'm all for that part. But I know there were many times that to attend said party, little Suzy would have missed Dance on Saturday afternoon and Johnny wouldn't have made T-ball practice. And I'd be out to pay a sitter. And they'd be in a foul mood they weren't welcome at Aunt Wanda's party. And *then* go specific gift shopping ?

For a really close friend I would be all for it. If I barely made the invitation list, I probably wouldn't even RSVP.

If my kids were self sufficient teens I'd be all for it. If my kids were little I would lol.

With a group of friends in different places of life, it could be a hit for some and an insult for others.
Oops I didn’t mean to say that the pool party was adults only. I just meant the design of the pool was tailored more towards lounging and drinking versus kids jumping in and that type of activity. Our friends would definitely not be offended and would think it’s fun to help supply our pool with things they will certainly enjoy when they come over in the future!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.