timmco

Apr 12, 2021
North Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am in need of a automatic pool cleaner. The one that I had before was an old pressure side cleaner and is now broken beyond repair. Can I get some recommendations for a mid range priced cleaner that is great for leaves? I have a bunch of trees on my property and during this time of year it gets really bad.
Thank You!!

Last edited:
look no further than the S200/active 20/ I am sure another model.. It has a great big basket and gobbles up leaves like no other and is really easy to clean out the basket.. I have the only upgraded motor one and it is the M600 / active 60 and it is a beast... :)

She has an active 20 for shipment now...

Reactions: timmco
look no further than the S200/active 20/ I am sure another model.. It has a great big basket and gobbles up leaves like no other and is really easy to clean out the basket.. I have the only upgraded motor one and it is the M600 / active 60 and it is a beast... :)

She has an active 20 for shipment now...
What are the pros and cons for this one vs. a pressure side cleaner?

20 cents to clean and scrub the pool for 2 hours...

A pressure side cleaner takes another pump at high rpm to clean and not scrub the pool costing WAY more money than 20 cents, or 10 cents an hour...

There are leaves and then there are leaves. My Pentair Warrior is similar to the S200. It can pick up some leaves from the bottom of the pool but on a windy day, it would need to be emptied multiple times. On those days, I use a leaf net.

I have the M200 & don't think it does a very good job on leaves. I think the problem is when it goes up the walls the water from the cleaner pushes the leaves away from it. Maybe one of the models that can be set to stay on the bottom would be a better choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.