Best caulk between tile and coping?

Jul 12, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Any suggestions on a specific type and brand of caulk to seal the gap between pool tile and coping? I had my pool tile redone this past fall, and now there are cracks beginning to appear between the tile and coping. I guess they should have used polyurethane caulk in that area. Any experience with a specific caulk you have had good experience with would be much appreciated. I will be painting it afterwards to match the existing grout.

IMG_4353.jpg

Have you tried contacting the tile contractor to see if they will fix it? I'm sure it will be under their warranty.

Do you have an expansion joint? Can you post a pic from the top showing the coping, deck and the non-deck area?

Thanks for the caulk suggestion, wasted. I had read on an old post not to use silicone caulk, though I am not sure of the reason. I see this caulk has silicone additive. Have you found it to hold up well?

It's a cantilevered deck, and when the tile was replaced, the contractor sawcut about 4-6 inches down about a foot around the perimeter of the pool and filled this "expansion joint" with a flexible material (caulk?). I will get a better photo tomorrow and call the contractor to see what they say.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]
IMG_4290.jpg
[/FONT][/FONT]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.