Best bot for scrubbing walls/fine dirt...

Apr 23, 2017
Las Vegas
I recently purchased an Aquabot s2 40, and I quickly realized I need something that can scrub/agitate the floor in order to pickup the fine dirt. I also get a thin layer of dirt on my walls, so something that can scrub the walls would be great too.

Budget is around 500ish (maybe more? assuming amazon will let me return the aquabot...), any recommendations?

*again the primary problem I seem to have is dirt/sand/grime, not so much big debris

I just got the Doheny Saturn. My pool doesn't super dirty, but I get a constant build up of fine dirt or silt on my pool floor that I assume comes from the nearby farm fields. Anyway, my Saturn picks it all up no problem. And it climbs and scrubs the walls just as well. I've never sat and watched it for the full 2 hour cycle, but it sure seems to clean nearly every square inch of the pool, walls and all, in that time. Part of me wonders if a more expensive Dolphin does and even better job. But this thing does so much better of a job than I did manually vacuuming that I can't complain for the $585 I paid for it.

I guess you need to call to order? On the site the onlything it said for the a20 was...

[h=2]This is a special-order item.[/h]
[FONT=&quot]Please [/FONT]
call or come in
[FONT=&quot] to order.

[/FONT]
Do you think I will notice that much of a difference between the a20 and the saturn (looks like the 'returned' saturn will save me almost 200 bucks)...

Ok and what are your thoughts on the whole 'returned' item route? Think it is worth saving 100 bucks?

Also I see there are 'fine filters' sold separately, does anyone know what kind of filter comes with the saturn by default? Again I need something that can trap this fine dirt/sand that always builds up in my pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The filters that came with my saturn get the very fine stuff I had in my pool. The first few times I ran it I had this reddish colored slime inside that it was picking up I didn't even see on the pool floor. I can't imagine ever needing a finer filter, but they must make them for some reason.

As far as the used route, I am not sure what to tell you there. But the photo on that link doesn't look like the same robot I got or is shown on the listing for the brand new Saturn. So I'm not sure if it's the same model exactly or not. If it had the same photo, I'd say that I'm sure it is just a unit that someone got to try out and decided they either needed a longer cord or wanted some other feature this one didn't have. Maybe call them and see if the photo is just wrong.

Yeah I noticed that too I think the photo is just wrong. Ok if you say the filter is fine enough to get fine dirt/sand, I will maybe give this used one a shot (assuming it's an actual saturn)

*and just to be clear this thing DOES climb/scrub walls right (I have a nice curved incline, simple rectangular shaped pool)?

My pool is not much bigger than yours. I just bought a Dolhin Active 10. It was a refurbished one for $399. It has a fine porosity filter basket. It doesn't climb the walls, but it is amazing at picking up fine dirt,sand, pollen etc. The 40 ft cord is plenty long enough. My outlet is about 18-20ft away. I don't mind brushing the walls/steps, then putting "Izzy" in to suck it all up:)

Yes, the Doheny's Saturn will climb walls. You can watch a video of it on the Maytronics website S-series cleaner page. The Saturn is the same as S-100. All S series cleaners have the same drive mechanisms.

More here, Doheny's Saturn Powered by Dolphin-Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast

Doheny's Saturn Powered by Dolphin
Doheny's Pool Pro Pick!
The 2-hour cleaning time is perfect for the DIYer. Cleans pool floors, walls and coves of all surfaces right up to the waterline.

My Doheny Saturn definitely climbs the walls and sits at the tile line and scrubs for several seconds each time it climbs. My pool is larger than yours by a few feet in both length and width, and it is plenty the machine for my pool.

Dang well called dohenys and they said the returned item picture is correct (I guess its an older model?). So that makes me a little nervous about going with that one (maybe it doesn't work as well as the 'standard' model everyone has been raving about).

So looks like I am going to have to invest the full 580 for a new model... ouch...

Welp, after tax and shipping the Saturn was the same price as an A20 from marina pool and patio (659), so I went ahead with that one. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but yolo I guess...

Hopefully the extra spinny brush will make it so I dont have to scrub the walls manually as much.

And with a 60 foot cable, do you think it will be safe to leave the psu outside (under a covered patio)? I wonder if the 110 degree las vegas heat will ruin it? (my aquabot has been surviving ok when I just leave it in the pool 24/7, so I would like to do the same with this guy).

I would definitely want the power supply out of the sun for sure and out of the rain if possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.