Best bot for scrubbing walls/fine dirt...

Well thats why I am excited for the 60ft cable on the A20 (my old aquabot was only 40ft). With 60ft I should be able to keep the PSU out of the sun/rain.

I mean the thing claims it has 'weekly timer' functionality, so they must expect people to leave the thing outside for weeks at a time...

Mine stays outside in the pool hut, protected from sun and rain but open to wind and temp. So far so good. Mine stays in the pool pretty much all the time.

Well got my Active 20, seems to be working ok, but I noticed the LED lights on the 'cycle mode full/half' and 'delayed startup' are not lighting up. The power and first button (weekly timer) seem to work/light up, but I get nothing when I press the other two.

Is there some trick to enabling these buttons? I tried power cycling the thing multiple times....

Please dont tell me I have a defective psu...

Just called the guy at marina pool spa & patio and he said the A-20 doesn't have those two modes (the half/full cycle and delayed start), but all these bots use the same psu, so those buttons are supposed to be non functioning.

Can anyone confirm? I guess this would explain why the user manual says my A20 also has bluetooth, but I thought that was only in the A30 model...

Users manual for the A20 is generic. All features are listed as optional, even the times per week. In reality only the times per week is active on the A20. Their website is not very clear either. When you select a model it mentions features that it doesn't have in that model (or its confusing for me at the least) though when you go to Specifications under that model it's a little better.

OK I guess that makes me feel better. Although I got excited about the half cycle mode, which sounds like it would just scrub the bottom (and ignore the walls). That would be handy for mid week cleanings (since the walls dont always needs scrubbing).

I guess that is only available on the a30 then eh?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.