best alternative to aqua connect

dhodson

Gold Supporter
Apr 21, 2019
atlanta ga
i have a hayward pool and my old wireless remote is dying. i want to be able to control the pool/spa from my phone and was considering aqua connect by hayward but the reviews seem horrible and the app is several years old without an update so i am interested in any alternatives that will work with my existing hayward system.

thanks

What Automation system are you currently using? This is my 3rd season with AquaPlus and AquaConnect and I’ve had zero issues with it. Sure it isn’t the high tech app like some others but aside from the occasional lag issue it gets the job done. Omnilogic works with Alexa so if you’re looking to upgrade maybe that would fit the bill.

Salty

Thanks for the reply. Currently i just have a hayward pro logic system and the original wireless remote that came with it. Pool is about 7 years old. do i need to upgrade the hayward pro logic to the hayward omnilogic? My impression from the few posts/reviews is the omni isnt compatible with all pumps/parts so i could run into issues and that there isnt much benefit in the upgrade but i could be mistaken.

Are there any "better" non hayward products that would also work with my current hayward system?

sorry for what i can determine from the original invoice and what i can still read off the equipment
24' x 50' 40,000 gal concrete, Pro Logic is PL-PS-8-X288, Hayward Swim Clear Filter 550 sq feet, Hayward 2.5 HP speed pump and motor,Goldline salt system, 400K BTU Smart Therm (hayward) heater, Hayward booster pump model 6060, Hayward GVA-24 valve actuators, Hayward turbo Cell

I think you’d be looking at around $1500 for the Omnilogic unit and then install price unless you can do that yourself. If your pro logic is still working I’d be more inclined to spend the $400 and just get the AquaConnect to go with your current setup. As far as other systems I’m not sure about that but typically it’s thought to keep with the same brand for ease of communication between the components.

Salty

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.