Kindnest

Aug 31, 2021
Montclair, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an above ground, 14 by 42 summer wave elite pool. Newbie----. I know you are not impressed. The pool has generally been great, but has bought me to tears and eaten up money and time...
I have no one to talk to about it....no one wants to hear it!!! :)
Anyway, I have two trees that have been droppings lots of berries, in the pool and everywhere...the berries are dark and about 1/3 of an inch. I'm going to cut them down next year- they are a nightmare. I'm consistent with cleaning them out of the pool--there are a lot - fills a sock I use on my vacuum...don’t ask.
Recently, the water balance is off, low ph and alkalinity. Chlorine has dropped. I am kind of getting a handle on things-testing, chemicals. But, all of a sudden I'm afraid the berries may be toxic and the water is poisonous.... This pool is driving me crazy. Maybe the trees are choke berries or cherry laurels....Any thoughts? I just feel like crying

Don't cry berries are always messy. Your water water isn't poisonous because of some berries. They stain and make a mess and drive me nuts on some pools, but poisonous water from berries. I got to say I have never heard that one before. Cut those trees back. Do the birds like them?

Don't cry berries are always messy. Your water water isn't poisonous because of some berries. They stain and make a mess and drive me nuts on some pools, but poisonous water from berries. I got to say I have never heard that one before. Cut those trees back. Do the birds like them?
Thank you so much! I think this pool is driving me nuts….I’m going to get ready for a nice Labor Day weekend!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.