Great White North
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Zodiac LM3-24
Hey guys - I'm replacing an old Hayward NorthStar (1 HP - Single Speed), and would like to move to a Variable Speed since I generally leave the pool pump running 24/7 during pool season. Ideally, I would like something that is the pretty much "ploppable" after removing the current pump. I have the quick connect unions on my current pump, so that is one point for the MaxFlo in my opinion.

Here are the two I'm looking at:

When I spoke to a local pool store they recommended the Super Pump above, when I said I was leaning toward the MaxFlo. Does anyone know if the reliability or performance of one of these is better than the other? Or certain features that make one a better buy?

Thank you for any help in advance.

If you have any automation, you want to stick with Hayward. But, if you are open to it, most here consider the Pentair Intelliflo the “gold standard” in variable speed pumps.

Reactions: ScubaDoo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.