Before setting up pool

akm22

Jan 17, 2019
Fort Worth, Texas
Good morning All,
This well be my second season to set up an above ground pool. I began the ground work in November and have worked on it a bit at a time through the winter. We've had a very nice, tolerable winter with days that I've worn shorts, some days up to 75.

Question: I've heard I should use an herbicide & insecticide on the ground 2 weeks prior to installing pool. Is this accurate and if so, any recommendations on what is best?

Thanks!

Question: I've heard I should use an herbicide & insecticide on the ground 2 weeks prior to installing pool. Is this accurate and if so, any recommendations on what is best?
Good morning and welcome to the forum! :wave: While I don't have a specific name brand herbicide to recommend, you do want to use one. In addition, many above ground owners will go one step further and install a ground layer covering before installing the pool frame and liner. A ground layer of some sort provides that additional insurance to help reduce the likelihood of stubborn TX weeds from trying to push-up through the liner. Here in TX we have some very stubborn, aggressive weeds (i.e. nutgrass) that seem to grow through anything. Do a search for ground coverings and you should see items like insulation panels, Gorilla Pads, etc. Hope that helps. Good luck on your build.

Good morning and welcome to the forum! :wave: While I don't have a specific name brand herbicide to recommend, you do want to use one. In addition, many above ground owners will go one step further and install a ground layer covering before installing the pool frame and liner. A ground layer of some sort provides that additional insurance to help reduce the likelihood of stubborn TX weeds from trying to push-up through the liner. Here in TX we have some very stubborn, aggressive weeds (i.e. nutgrass) that seem to grow through anything. Do a search for ground coverings and you should see items like insulation panels, Gorilla Pads, etc. Hope that helps. Good luck on your build.
Great, thanks a million. I appreciate your response!