RustyFN

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2015
Parkersburg, WV
I hope this is in the right place. I have an above ground pool. It is around 14,000 gallons and is salt water. The PH, CYA and chlorine are all good. I have trouble with bees. I don't know what kind they are. My friend calls them sweat bees. They are about the size of a house fly or a little smaller. I can't keep them out of the pool. While in the pool one of us has to go around with the net and scoop them out by hand around every 15 minutes. Does anybody have any idea if something is off with the water or what I can do to keep them out. Thanks for your help.

Can you post your test results? The majority of the time bugs are an issue when the FC is too low and algae is present in the water.

Bees and wasps (I get mud daubers all the time) are attracted to large bodies of water because it’s a ready supply of hydration both for themselves and their hive. They are unaffected by pool chemicals or salt water. So I don’t believe chemistry is your problem.

If you can follow them back to their hive you might find out where it is and have it removed. If they are honeybees then a local apiary will happily take the hive away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.