Been using Baquacil for 6 summers. Time to try BBB

Well, progress has been slow, but it is finally getting there. The pool has "cleared" dramatically in the last couple of days.

The bottom steps are just barely visible on Monday 5-19. At about 8 PM, pH was 7.5, FC at 18, CC at 4, TA at 150, and CH at 350. Pool temp 75.
poolsteps5-19.jpg

Bottom step a little more visible today 5-20. At 4:15 pm today, pH 7.2, FC 0.5, CC at 2
poolsteps5-20.jpg

I've used 42 "gallons" of bleach so far. Treating heavily at night because of full sun all day.

Now my pool is a nice blue color, but still cloudy about a foot or so deep. I can see my bottom step, but still not able to see the pool bottom well. My test results for tonight: after adding 3 bottles of bleach (58 bottles used so far)
pH 7.5 ; FC 22 ; CC 1 ; TA 200 ; CH 100 ; water temp 81. My questions are: since I've only been circulating the water, is that why it is cloudy? Or is it still working on the baqua? No white specks. Water looks clear in sample. So, is it safe for me to now begin using my new filter sand media and new cart filter without having to worry about ruining them? I really don't want to mess with changing them out again. Just got my filter flosser I ordered.

There is a possibility that part of the reason your water is cloudy is due to the Baqua not being filtered out. At this point I'd suggest switching over and using the cartridge filter. This filter has been exposed to the Baqua from before, so there's still a 50/50 chance you'll need to replace this. For now I wouldn't worry about it and switch it on. Once the conversion is complete you can worry about trying to clean the filter of the Baqua-goo to salvage it.

View attachment 29735
Pool looks great. I'm adding CYA now. FC went down only .5-1 overnight. CC is 0 - .5. pH 7.2 . TA 150 . Borate still about 80. Still got a little vacuuming to do, but all is well. Water temp is 81, so we'll be in it this weekend!! A big thanks to Leebo, zea3, Smykowski, Casey, Dave S., Charlie_R, and all others for their help!! So glad I found this site. Proud to be a TFP Lifetime member. To anyone thinking about converting from baquacil, but afraid of the hassle; It was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. Even though I couldn't donate a whole lot of time to the pool, it still took less than two weeks from start to finish. Just do it. You'll love the results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.