Beautec - necessary and effects?

shoot_the_goalie

May 15, 2018
NY
I got a couple of free bottles of Beautec, and wondering 1) is it necessary/good to use if I keep my CSI in check, and 2) how does it affect water chemistry? I’m leaning more to the “if it ain’t broke...”

FC: 10
CC: 0.0
pH: 7.7
CH: 375
TA: 80
CYA: 70
Salt: 3600
Temp: 83
CSI: -0.03

Thanks

Last edited:
TFP is all about adding only what the pool needs. If you don't know what it contains (I don't) and what it will do (I don't), then no reason to add it ;)

Given the "Blue" in the name, that makes me think it could have copper in it (I am too lazy to look up the product and ingredients) and that is NEVER recommended to add to the water.

Sorry. I should have said Beautec, not Beautec blue. (the latter being inaccurate). Anyway, not going to add it as my pool chemistry is fine. Just more curious as to what it does and how it affects water chemistry.

I was recommended to buy some today.its a pool scale stain scum cleaner. I have calcium deposits on the side of my salt water pool and this is designed to get them off and prevent others forming. There are some you tube videos to show how it works. I have also just bought a Tf100 test kit to get control of my pool chemistry. Expensive weekend . Methinks the test kit is a better investment?

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I
I was recommended to buy some today.its a pool scale stain scum cleaner. I have calcium deposits on the side of my salt water pool and this is designed to get them off and prevent others forming. There are some you tube videos to show how it works. I have also just bought a Tf100 test kit to get control of my pool chemistry. Expensive weekend . Methinks the test kit is a better investment?
I would agree. No little bottle is going to magically remove calcium scale.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.