Battling low chlorine levels all summer

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Woohoo finally passed all 3 test to stop the SLAM. FC last night was 18 and it was 18 this morning, CC was 0.5 at both as well.

Now where do I go? I have run a full test this morning and know I need to get PH & TA down. Need to raise CYA to 70-80 I am thinking 80, thoughts?

I don’t think it matters what I start but when is the best time to raise the CYA before or after my FC falls on its own?

Attachments

• IMG_2192.png
    IMG_2192.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 5
Where do you go ?
>>>>>>One more day of slam for extra insurance will go a long way so your sure you're out of the woods. Then let the FC drift down on its own and raise the CYA 70-80 and keep the FC in the 10 range. Also bring the PH down after the FC has dropped to the 10 range and play with it accordingly so your CSI stays slightly negative. You will be golden.

Congratulations! :party:

You can start with CYA as FC levels drop down into the new range. Remember, the pH test is not valid with FC levels above 10 ppm. After FC levels drop, work on lowering pH. The continuous cycle of pH rise and adding MA should help to reduce TA levels.

Reactions: hensler74
Where do you go ?
>>>>>>One more day of slam for extra insurance will go a long way so your sure you're out of the woods. Then let the FC drift down on its own and raise the CYA 70-80 and keep the FC in the 10 range. Also bring the PH down after the FC has dropped to the 10 range and play with it accordingly so your CSI stays slightly negative. You will be golden.
Sounds good. I will continue the slam until tomorrow morning and then after work tomorrow start with the PH and proceed forward.
When is the best time to turn the SWG back on? Tomorrow after the slam sometime?

Sounds good. I will continue the slam until tomorrow morning and then after work tomorrow start with the PH and proceed forward.
When is the best time to turn the SWG back on? Tomorrow after the slam sometime?
Leave the PH adjustments till the FC is at the 10 range otherwise PH is inaccurate.

Reactions: hensler74
Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Set your SWG to produce 4 ppm FC per day. Test and adjust output from there.

Consider upgrading to VS pump in the future.
Yes the VS pump will have to be done at some point but I have had to replace everything on the pool equipment except the pump, filter housing and booster pump. We bought the house in April 2021 and have had to replace the board to run everything, the heater, SWG and then fix 3 leaks that happened in 2022. So it will have to wait until next year maybe.

Ok so I just took some readings and just looking for confirmation that I can adjust my CYA and then start to work on PH and SWG settings.

FC 9.5
CC .5
CYA 40

If I am wanting to keep FC between 5-10 I need to get my CYA to 70 am I good to go ahead and start this since my FC is below 10 and above 5?

Pool Math is telling me to add 117 ounces to get to 70 should do that in 2 doses or more?
Something is wrong with your calculation. I'm getting 50 oz to increase by 30 ppm.

If it is 50 oz you can do that in two doses. One and a half pounds is about how much I usually put into each nylon.

Some thing is wrong with your calculations. I'm getting 50 oz to increase by 30 ppm.

If it is 50 oz you can do that in two doses. One and a half pounds is about how much I usually put into each nylon.
I am just going off pool math with my current CYA of 40 and using liquid conditioner show 117 ounces. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_2195.png
    IMG_2195.png
    87 KB · Views: 4
I got it. I calculated using granular stabilizer. For liquid that looks correct.
So probably best to do that in 3rds and check after a few days each time?
I got it. I calculated using granular stabilizer. For liquid that looks correct.
Don't do it with liquid unless you use it completly otherwise the sludge reains on the bottom and ther's no way to to get the movement you're lookig for.
Is there a problem with putting the full gallon in that is 128 ounces? I have a full gallon I bought before doing the slam. That was before I started really reading TFP forums and suggestions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.