Battery vacuums for large pools ( intense use)

Devastazione

Mar 22, 2023
Sardinia
Good morning and thank you for having me in this fine forum.
I run a resort with a very large pool and I’m considering a battery equipped vacuum, like a Pool Blaster 1500 or Precision 2.0 li, they’re both from Watertech and they basically just hit the market in my country ( Italy). Are these devices reliable for everyday intense use ? ( 1-1,5 hours a day daily)
Again, the pool is pretty large and I accept nothing but perfect conditions. Unfortunately due to safety reason( guest roaming the area at night)I cannot use a robot at night. The pool it’s very easy to keep clean as long as it’s vacuumed one hour a day ( every day a different area of course ) before opening time.

6686D88C-A2FD-4630-A0A3-815AC00E124D.jpeg

67EAF4CE-E03C-49E2-A424-E63A8CDF5AD1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
I don’t know the specifics of those models, but for reference I’ve never seen an automatic pool cleaners in a commercial pool like that. I spent a lot of time manually vacuuming at a water park as a teenager, and spent some vacation time at different resorts with pools and they all manually vacuum. That doesn’t mean an automatic cleaner can’t work but it’s a reference point to be aware of. Depending on finances, it might be a fun experiment

How would you ensure the entire pool can be covered in 1 hour or restrict the device to only cover a smaller portion each day?

Edit: I should have read through the links before replying. I have seen something similar used on a condo pool in Florida we stayed at. But the main portion was detached from the pole and stayed on the deck while the person vacuumed. It was battery powered though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devastazione
Nice pool. This forum is for residential pool owners and we will see if anyone lurking here deals with the type of pool you have.

The cleaners you mention are manual cleaners operated by someone manipulating them on a pool pole. It is to be seen if they hold up top the daily rigors you will put them through.

If you do get it we would love reports of how it works for you and holds up. Especially battery runtime and life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.