Battery Operated Pool Vacuum

Jul 19, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the battery operated pool vacuums like this one or others? If so, what is a really good brand/model?

Water Tech Catfish Ultra Rechargeable Battery Powered Pool and Spa Vacuum with Segmented Pole Set-Pool Blaster CATFISH ULTRA - The Home Depot

I was wondering how powerful/useful they are, or if they are a waste of money. I have an Above Ground Pool (12,000 GL.) with a Heyward sand filter and it's about 4 feet deep all the way around. We live in an area with a good amount of wind and lots of trees around, so it's always an uphill battle to keep it clean. I vacuum when I can, but vacuuming through the filter is never super efficient.

Any thoughts would be great before I make a smart/stupid purchase. Thanks!

We just got the pool blaster max and are very happy with it. We add a skimmer sock into the filter bag so it captures the fine sand that used to slip right by. No more hose connection in the skimmer to deal with.

My first post. Thanks to all the awesome supporters and help on this site!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.