m a hanson

Apr 25, 2021
Central New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I found a link on reddit for battery led pool lights and had to buy and try them. These run on 3 AA batteries, are waterproof a have rgb functions. They came as a 4 pack. I am blown away by how bright they are. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08S6K4QQ1/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

UPDATE: So far they've been in the pool 8 weeks or so, still working properly, was having trouble with the remote, but changed out the coin battery and was back in business.

Last edited:
How are the lights controlled?

What is the battery life?

Let us know how they hold up after a few months.

How are the lights controlled?

What is the battery life?

Let us know how they hold up after a few months.
They come with 2 remotes. Reviews say you have to get close to operate, but I stood 10' away from the deep end ones and they were controlled. I will post updates. They come with magnets attached and also suction cups are included. 3 AA batteries for each puck and I would turn them off after use, so whatever the cost for batteries is my future outlay. So far I'm impressed for under 30 dollars. I live out in the country with no other light sources, so now I can swim at night.
After watching the videos about voltage and pools I like that idea
It appears I used to have a pool light but it seems they opted to remove it when they replaced the liner a few years back, and honestly I'd rather change batteries than worry about getting electrocuted someday. I've seen the strips of LED lights posted on this forum, and they look terrific, but this is my cheap solution.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.