Bathroom Usage Issues

Not to hijack the thread, and if you don’t mind sharing, what did this run? Did you DIY or contract it out?
Not to hijack the thread, and if you don’t mind sharing, what did this run? Did you DIY or contract it out?
We developed the plans and acted as “general contractor” and subcontracted out the cabana framing, roofing, plumbing (water, sewer and gas), electrical and construction of the kitchen portion. Probably six different subs worked on it at one stage or another. We had the pool contractor pour the foundation, while he did the stamped/stained pool concrete decking. We did all the cedar staining ourselves. All in for everything including kitchen equipment, we spent approximately $25,000. If we tried to just hire someone to do everything turnkey, it would have been much more, possibly twice as much. This project added a lot more resale value for the investment, then the pool itself did. We are very glad we did it.

Starting to lean toward the mash up. Thinking no way around getting some rugs, so spend some money there and find some that will work really well for this purpose. The Water Hogs recommended by mrbook are a good looking option. Then,find a way to set up a pee pot of some sort behind the shed. Basically, boys outside and girls inside. Thankfully I live on pure sand so drainage will be no problem. I like the idea of a RV toilet. I’ll look into that if I can figure out a good place for a little outhouse type structure.
Keep in mind if you have any security cameras. Don't want TFP to be your one phone call.

Last summer when COVID hit we didn’t want people using the bathroom in the house (or to keep it to a minimum) so the ladies started to go in the bushes as well as the boys. No pstyle funnels required! Im hoping that keeps happening.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Well....i just shared the pstyle with my wife, seriously thinking we should get a few for poolside (we’ve got bushes out back which give some privacy). She was NOT into the idea.

• Haha
Reactions: kellyfair
🙉
LA-LA-LA-LA-LA
🙉
.... TMI

No, wait... I will fully endorse this product if it means everyone can now write their name in the snow!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here you go... now girls can use the pee pot too.

I went out with some girls in my younger days that could go behind the bushes quicker than me. I think those willing to go “outdoors” would also have the “how to” figured out. Guessing that thing would also be a little problematic in that I don’t know how it would be kept clean. Can’t imagine anyone wanting to share something like that. But, I’ll file this one under “any idea is a good idea” given that I don’t have a better idea at the moment. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.